DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Illeyna Revealed

At the beginning, I thought that she was Elayne (because of the name, and how she was described). Then, I started thinking that she may be all three of Rand's wifes. Or maybe, she hasn't been reincarnated.

Egwene might be the queen who lead Menatheran during the Trolloc Wars. From the same place, died in exactly the same way.

there is some chance for a rebirth to die differently than in previous lives.

by the way, the plural of wife is wives; not wifes.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because someone is special in an age doesn't mean they are going to be spun out over and over to always be special.  Sure there were plenty of people from that age with third names that aren't destined to be spun out to always be special. 

there is some chance for a rebirth to die differently than in previous lives.

For sure. But Egwene has more similarities with her than with other characters.

There isn't a proof - obviously - that Egwene is someone reincarnated.

Just because someone is special in an age doesn't mean they are going to be spun out over and over to always be special.  Sure there were plenty of people from that age with third names that aren't destined to be spun out to always be special. 

I was just pointing that Illyena was someone special, not just LTT wife. Obviously, she may or may not be reincarnated on the third age.

I haven't read anything to suggest Ilyena was anything more then a beautiful lady who both Dem and LTT liked and was killed by LTT.  Nothing has suggested she was anyone special as to warrant Egwene being her.

As for Egwene being Latra Pasae Decume, I can see that.  Only this time Egwene saying no wouldn't of mattered since Ny and Moriane were going to help Rand no matter what Egwene said.  Egwene stubbornness could of meant the seals not being broken and the nations not uniting.  But again her saying no to Rand was more of she thought she knew better then RAnd and in reality had no plan of her own.  I think she had the Aes Sedai arrogance of thinking they needed to be in charge and the idea of having to rely on Rand scared them.  Like LPD, Egwene had no plan on what to do but assumed she knew better then LTT/Rand.  Yes in the end LPD made the right choice but her decision was based on fear of LTT's plan and not on anything she had planned, sort of like Egwene.  I remember reading something about LPD like everyone else near the end of the war had the deer in the headlights thing going where they knew something needed to be done but everyone was too paralysed with fear to come up with anything.  LTT knew something bold needed to be done for the light to survive, both LTT and LPD saved the world.  LTT bought the world some time and LPD by refusing ended up ensuring the female half was safe.

Illyena was definitely someone special. She had the third names, which was given only to extraordinary persons. Even Lanfear who was arguably the strongest female channeler of her time, didn't have a third name. Lews Therin, Demandred and Ishamael on the other side had it.

Egwene has some similarities with Latra, but not that much. In the end, Egwene helped Rand and actually motivated him when he was probably going to give up (after her death). Egwene and Rand left on good terms, like brother and sister. On the other hand, she has quite similarities with Queen Eldrene. Both of them were the most important/respected Aes Sedai of their time, both of them fight the Shadow, both of them had their Warder/Lover killed and finally both of them sacrificed themselves by channeling too much of the power, burning herself but also the enemy channelers.

Most of the Forsaken had a third name.

Ishmael - Elan Morin Tedronai

Aginor - Ishar Morrad Chuain

Sammael - Tel Janin Aellinsar

Be'lal - Duram Laddel Cham

Demandred - Barid Bel Medar

Asmodean - Joar Addam Nessosin

Graendal - Kamarile Maradim Nindar

Semirhage - Nemene Damendar Boann

Third names were an honor in the Age of Legends, but by no means a mark that you would be reborn.

I haven't read anything to suggest Ilyena was anything more then a beautiful lady who both Dem and LTT liked and was killed by LTT.  Nothing has suggested she was anyone special as to warrant Egwene being her.

As for Egwene being Latra Pasae Decume, I can see that.  Only this time Egwene saying no wouldn't of mattered since Ny and Moriane were going to help Rand no matter what Egwene said.  Egwene stubbornness could of meant the seals not being broken and the nations not uniting.  But again her saying no to Rand was more of she thought she knew better then RAnd and in reality had no plan of her own.  I think she had the Aes Sedai arrogance of thinking they needed to be in charge and the idea of having to rely on Rand scared them.  Like LPD, Egwene had no plan on what to do but assumed she knew better then LTT/Rand.  Yes in the end LPD made the right choice but her decision was based on fear of LTT's plan and not on anything she had planned, sort of like Egwene.  I remember reading something about LPD like everyone else near the end of the war had the deer in the headlights thing going where they knew something needed to be done but everyone was too paralysed with fear to come up with anything.  LTT knew something bold needed to be done for the light to survive, both LTT and LPD saved the world.  LTT bought the world some time and LPD by refusing ended up ensuring the female half was safe.

Illyena was definitely someone special. She had the third names, which was given only to extraordinary persons. Even Lanfear who was arguably the strongest female channeler of her time, didn't have a third name. Lews Therin, Demandred and Ishamael on the other side had it.

Egwene has some similarities with Latra, but not that much. In the end, Egwene helped Rand and actually motivated him when he was probably going to give up (after her death). Egwene and Rand left on good terms, like brother and sister. On the other hand, she has quite similarities with Queen Eldrene. Both of them were the most important/respected Aes Sedai of their time, both of them fight the Shadow, both of them had their Warder/Lover killed and finally both of them sacrificed themselves by channeling too much of the power, burning herself but also the enemy channelers.

Most of the Forsaken had a third name.

Ishmael - Elan Morin Tedronai

Aginor - Ishar Morrad Chuain

Sammael - Tel Janin Aellinsar

Be'lal - Duram Laddel Cham

Demandred - Barid Bel Medar

Asmodean - Joar Addam Nessosin

Graendal - Kamarile Maradim Nindar

Semirhage - Nemene Damendar Boann

Third names were an honor in the Age of Legends, but by no means a mark that you would be reborn.

And all of them were some of the most influential, celebrated and powerful people of their age. At the contrary, for whatever reasons, Lanfear didn't.

All I was sayig is that Illyena was something special and someone important back then. That doesn't mean that she is guaranteed to reborn, and even if she is reborn, then not neccesarily she has been reborn on someone important.

Archived