DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Regimental Book Discussion] Best of the Band Awards!

Aidanna

Come one, Come all to the very first Regimental Book Discussion and Awards show!

In similar fashion to the many awards shows that take place throughout the year - recently the Grammy's and DM's Empy's, I wanted to celebrate the awesomeness of the Band of the Red Hand with it's very own awards show!

Here's how it's going to work!

Each week we will have a Category - like Best Actor (for example :wink:)

Everyone here can talk about who their favorite actor would be - I'm guessing Brid would nominate Tom :biggrin:

Then at the end of the week we will take the top four nominations and vote on them! 

Sounds like fun right?!

So, I'm not going to tell you the categories yet... Only the one for this week! 

The first week category is.... (drumroll)... in true red carpet fashion!

Mat's Best Outfit!

His hat is generally always the same, and sometimes he is dressed quite fashionably, but our brave and fearless leader has some fashion moments that should definitely be remembered!

Feel free to debate and discuss your favorite outfits here - these can come from any book! 

Please describe the outfits you would like to nominate! Top four outfits nominated - by number of people voting for it - will be posted at the end of the week to vote on for the winning outfit!

We are the Band of the Red Hand, so official nominations need to be bold and Red - also so I can find them easily :wink:

And without further ado, welcome to the Band of the Red Hand Awards Show!!!!

Reserved for top four nominations in each week and the winners. To be posted later. 

Week one:

Best Outfit!

Aiel Waste outfit - Mat has more weapons hidden than even an Aiel.

Pink outfit with Ribbons and Ruffles - Given by Tylin when Mat is her Toy

Week Two:

Funniest Moment!

Hands down, his outfit he wore to the Waste. I'll go with post-hanging, because the scarf is cool and he has his weapon. So... flat-brimmed hat, ashanderai, black scarf, and normal Two Rivers clothing.

The reason why is the scene where he has to go unarmed, and he removes so many weapons (some visible, some hidden) that even the Aiel are impressed. I'm sure he put those back in after getting the scarf.

Close second is his pink ruffles! haha

Alright! I'm going to give a bit longer for the best outfit, but I'm going to put both of the ones you mentioned in as nominations - the pink ruffles and ribbons outfit is my favorite :biggrin: Although when Mat pulled all the knives out from their hiding places, I think I would have paid money to see the faces on the Aiel. 

Thanks Horn!

Week 2 is also starting, so our next round of nominations would be for Funniest Moment. 

This should be any moment in any of the books, where you just laughed so hard at something Mat did or said. It doesn't necessarily have to be Mat - but could also be something a member of the Band did or said, or something the Band did as a group. Any moment that was humorous or funny, please nominate here!

• 2 weeks later...

Any  nominations for Funniest Moment?

My favorite was when Mat was in the village of Hinderstap. The sun goes down, and the townspeople turn into zombies (kind of) and Mat argues with other members of the Band while trying to fight their way out (I think it may be Vanin, but I'm not 100% sure right now). It cracks me up every time I read it!

I want to put a poll up for the Best outfit and funniest moment, so if you have a nomination, let me know. :wink:

Archived