DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome to the Band Aidanna

BFG

They're a lot of fun and get better as they go along!  Off the top of my head I don't recall a slow or boring book, the characters grow and change and that stops the books from being boring or too samey.

Exactly - the evolution of Dresden's character is amazing! I think Butcher is a great writer - fun stories. believable fantasy world, humor and great characters, and  there is the empathy that you share with Dresden through everything he goes through. He is an awesome character!

I wish I had that excuse, but (to switch terminology) I can't help but feel I'm muggle through and through.  Just a muggle that's out of date with technology wizardry.

It's great that you like The John Butler Trio, the only other people I know that like them are ones that I've forcibly sat down, tied to a chair and said listen to this.  They all agree after, so it's all good :wink:

I just don't want to be a muggle. I refuse. 

I have loved JBT for a few years. During my undergraduate degree I worked at an outdoor education center and the challenge course that we ran. Everyone I worked with was great - I was introduced to LOTS of good music there. Bands similar to JBT - great lyrics, a lot of acoustic raw sound, great vocals. That was probably the best job I have ever had!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dresden is a great character, that somehow I still want to read even after he's 'powered up' - which is pretty remarkable for me.

I'd be interested to get a list of those bands, I'm always looking out for more music.

Have you ever heard Goldheart Assembly?  They were a warmup band for the Magic Numbers that I thought were pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUL_jNxQpUM

*grin* It is so awesome you love Butcher - especially Dresden files. I know a lot of people who don't, just because it is set in our world, I think they are great fun!

Really???? Weird I love the books because they are set in our time and yet he still connects to the supernatural.

I've been considering taking up the Dresden Files. I was looking at them the other day at B&N but didn't buy :sad: I've heard a lot of goodness about them.

Yessss do it...*peer pressure* *ggls*

Exactly - the evolution of Dresden's character is amazing! I think Butcher is a great writer - fun stories. believable fantasy world, humor and great characters, and  there is the empathy that you share with Dresden through everything he goes through. He is an awesome character!

Now if only he would figure out who the dang traitor is I'd be happy! LOL

*grin* It is so awesome you love Butcher - especially Dresden files. I know a lot of people who don't, just because it is set in our world, I think they are great fun!

Really???? Weird I love the books because they are set in our time and yet he still connects to the supernatural.

I've been considering taking up the Dresden Files. I was looking at them the other day at B&N but didn't buy :sad: I've heard a lot of goodness about them.

Yessss do it...*peer pressure* *ggls*

Now if only he would figure out who the dang traitor is I'd be happy! LOL

I Know!!!!

I thought he remembered when he woke up, isn't that why he felt guilty about Mollys problems.  Argh it's been ages since I read them and I don't think I've read the new one at all.

And if I remember rightly (which now looks unlikely) it wasn't really a traitor.

As Game Master I would like to invite you to participate in our monthly Arena challenge.  No experience with the Dice Game is necessary and you should have access to the boards before the game starts (the link won't work until you do, so I'm just going to have to leave you in eager anticipation :happy:). 

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/85298-october-event-caber-toss-sign-up/

I thought he remembered when he woke up, isn't that why he felt guilty about Mollys problems.  Argh it's been ages since I read them and I don't think I've read the new one at all.

And if I remember rightly (which now looks unlikely) it wasn't really a traitor.

To be perfectly honest, I don't remember as much as I should so there is a good chance I could be wrong too. And I haven't read Cold Days yet either so I am not up to date..

As Game Master I would like to invite you to participate in our monthly Arena challenge.  No experience with the Dice Game is necessary and you should have access to the boards before the game starts (the link won't work until you do, so I'm just going to have to leave you in eager anticipation :happy:). 

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/85298-october-event-caber-toss-sign-up/

So I haven't played any of the dice games before. Is it easy to understand? I am totally excited to check it out though! :biggrin:

The Dice Game is pretty simple to understand, but we have a training program as there are a few different concepts to understand.  It's essentially a battle between two Band Members (to the death). 

The monthly challenges are unrelated, except for the use of the Dice roller, and the fact they're hosted in the Arena.  These are generally very simple to play and hence are open to anyone :)  This one won't take much time, but it will be up to you whether or not you'll be able to fit in in around your RR training, don't worry if you miss it though, similar events are held every month.

I'm waiting for paperback release and to be back in UK to buy it...  Will probably be Christmas sometime :)

Nice job. 

If you can see the Arena, you should be able to see the RR area.  If you sign in here, then Horn will be able to set up your training schedule :)

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/56074-new-recruits-sign-in-here/page-4

As for the Arena there's a thread where you can ask as many questions as you like!

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/77092-the-stadium/

Well I'm also the Archers RLO (or something like that) so I'll make sure the Archers have some fiendishly difficult tasks waiting for you when you arrive :) Just, you know, to keep you busy, out of mischief... 

Archived