DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Note for Verbal

Leelou

*sits in Verbal’s lap*

When I first joined DM way back in 07, I found myself captivated by mafia games and wanted to learn how to play. So I signed up for a game and never looked back. That's where I first met Verbal since we were never really in the same social groups at the same time. We played countless games until I drifted away from DM and lost touch with most everyone. It's when I wandered back to DM and moved to Boston a couple years ago that we started talking and getting closer. It started with PMs, moved to gtalk and we started to get more creative and played Hanging with Friends, or as we liked to call it Perv with Friends and see which of us could be worse. I normally won ;-) At some point we decided it would be fun to actually meet, so we got together with Wombat, the other DMer in our area, and met up in Boston. It was up to me to figure out what to do and instead of the bar my friend suggested (it was a complete dive bar), we walked over to the Cheesecake Factory, enjoyed some drinks and cheesecake while we talked DM and mafia. A couple years later, we’ve become good friends and still regularly meet up to talk about DM and mafia.

Verbal is one of my closest friends. I love that I can talk to him about anything, and I mean anything, and he listens to it all. He always seems to know what to say, to make me feel better if I’m having a bad day. Sometimes I feel bad that he has to deal with my randomness. He has a great sense of humor and can always make me laugh. There are the groan and shake your head moments though too; actually, there are many of those moments. He is such a dork, it’s adorable. He can tell you all about the Star Wars universe, Star Trek or about any class/race in WoW. He really does live up to his screen name, he can talk, and talk, and talk. I don’t mind though because he helps break the ice when meeting new people and I don’t feel as shy when we add new people to our group.

One of Verbal’s faults is his indecisiveness. He doesn’t always show it, but I’ve noticed it from time to time. However, his indecisiveness can be fun because it means that I get to do most of the planning for when we all hang out. Another would be his memory. Sometimes he can’t remember something from 5 minutes ago, but can remember something from 6 years ago. One of his favorite things to tell me is, “oh shit, I forgot”. For the things he does remember, Verbal has a picture perfect memory and it comes in very handy for story telling or figuring out who is right/wrong in an argument. Overall, I’d never want him to change, his quirks and imperfections make him who he is and I love the way he is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived