DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Karaethon Cycle

crash

I agree. one of the key things about the Wheel of Time is that the hero doesn't do everything... withouth Elayne to gather Andor, or fix the weather, without Gawyn to save Egwene, without Galad to gather the whitecloaks.... the light would not succeed. Rand is not the only critical character in the series.

Mmm yeah. Exactly. The royal line of Andor in its entirity is important. Rand, Galad, Gawyn, Morgase, Elayne... The Light would have failed without any of them.

My friend has a theory about why people argue this, he reckons that because Elaida contrrued it to mean that Elayne was the important one, no one else wants to.

Luc is a part of Slayer, and lives on in him as an almost seperate being... its curious... while they seem to work in perfect alignment with each other, there is a definate dichotomy between the two in the way they think.

I think Elida's assumtion that that Elayne is key to the TG is part AS arragance and part Red man hater. She doesn't think Gawyn is important and he isn't even disposble now but a libity to her plans.

And as far as Elayne goes, not only will/is she queen of Andor but before the hated Nyneave al'Mera and Egwene al'Vere Elayne would have been the strongest AS, once she reached her full potential, that the tower had seen in a thousand years, maybe since the Trolloc Wars.

And by the time she became AS the Mantears were no longer in power and as Elyane noted in CoT, I think, since Tigraine the children have been mostly males and the few girls weren't high enough in the Mantear power chain to take the throne. So even though she scared sheep herder she saw was a spitting image of Tigraine he was a male and not important (as she saw things at the time).

• 1 month later...

Archived