DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Last call for an RP in northern Andor

Kaelin

Asha'man Celeste (NPC) is leading a Black Tower recruiting party in northern Andor. They've been Travelled there by another Asha'man, and after checking several villages in the area, Asha'man Celeste will Skim everyone back, along with any recruits. He will be accompanied by a small number of other Black Tower channelers.  

Current plans are for one new male channeler to be discovered, as well as my character - an Asha'man who lost all his memories and can't channel.

There are open spots for

- Soldiers, Dedicated, and/or full Asha'man characters. 

- New male channelers

- Other character types open to discussion

Anybody who wants in, please respond here. If you don't have an approved Bio but you'd like to join, let me know and I'll keep a spot open for your character until you're approved. If you want to join later but you're too busy right now, post here and I'll write you in when you're ready.

The RP starts this coming weekend.

(Edited to remove Legion of the Dragon references)

Edited by Kaelin

• 2 months later...

While I've written up the initiation sequence for this RP, I've decided not to start it until there's more activity at the BT. I'll be lurking here pretty much indefinitely so if any new (or old) arrivals are interested in playing with me, just post here.

Yay, we have peoples :D So, Zhon, Grimm and possibly Sherper? Would you mind PMing me a link to your bios (or post a link here)? In the meantime I'll put a couple posts up to set the context for the RP.

If you have any preferences on how you enter the RP (in character) let me know and I'll write in some openings. E.g. you could be coming with the recruiting party from the Black Tower, or you could be 'discovered' during the RP, or your path might intersect with the RP in some other way. Whatever works, really. Once you're in we could just wing it and see how things play out :)

Edited by Kaelin

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, been really busy with other stuff. I said I was going to make an Asha'man, but I don't think I've got any good ideas at the moment for a new character.

If there is any NPC writing you need done, I'd be glad to help. Or if you need another role filled, I might be able to bring either my CotL or my BotRH character in on it somehow.

Just resurrected my main computer so I'll start posting tonight. Anyone who has an approved bio for a character at any of the Divisions/Orgs/whatever they're called these days is welcome to play. I'm sure I can find a way to write you in. I don't know what the rules are for playing NPC's but personally, I;d have no problem with someone playing an NPC for the duration of this roleplay, provided it doesn't get the RP banned or suchlike, and provided you have an approved bio for at least one permanent character somewhere.

Sorry to disturb old chum, but I noticed you appear to be writing in the first person. Now, I'm not entirely fresh blood around these parts, though I'm still far from being a PSW veteran, yet I think it is standard practise to stick to third person when writing these RPs.

How do I Role Play?

Our role play takes place on message boards located here in the forum. You will write a piece from your character's point of view, (third person, past tense being customary), and post it as a new thread or as a reply to an existing thread. Other players will then respond in turn, each posting pieces from their character's point of view. However, there are three key points of etiquette to be aware of before you start posting.

I know it says customary, but that still should hold some weight. Many people (myself included) are unaccustomed to writing in the first person for many a character development issues. I'm not saying you have to stop using first person, it's just a word of advice. Something I thought you should be made aware, if not already.

I read the first part of your story, and was wondering if there are any NPC characters you would like me to write.

Point taken :) I normally write RPs in third person, but I'm trying something a little different for this particular character.  

An NPC Asha'man or Soldier would be one possibility... or perhaps a civilian who flags up as a channeler during the 'recruiting' part of the RP. Or indeed any kind of character you want to play, whether local or 'foreign' :)

Let me know what you're thinking and I'll write in an opening.

Edited by Kaelin

Okay so far, we have two Asha'man recruiters and my player character in the town of Edgehill, and in Oldwater to the North, there's another group of Black Tower folks (one named, five unnamed who can be assumed by player characters) plus Gevin (Zhon's player character).

There are openings for civilians in Edgehill, plus any player character or NPC who has a reason to wander into town. There are openings at Oldwater for Andoran soldiers, as one of the Dedicated or Soldiers, or as a player or NPC wandering in (like Gevin did).

If any full Asha'man characters should want to become involved, they can of course Gate/Skim to either location whenever they want for any semi-plausible reason ;) 

The two groups will merge, so everyone will have an opportunity to play with everyone else.

Sherper, I'll let your imagination decide what character/NPC to play. Feel free to write yourself in wherever you consider expedient. 

Edited by Kaelin