DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Happy Successful Rebellion Against The Evil Empire Day!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably sauced from the sangria.

I know I would be. There is a local uni-holiday called autonomy day coming up that my flatmates have roped me into. I am genuinely worried at the start time of this event being roughly 6am.

And that was when I realised I am becoming an old man.

A lion or three perhaps? I have no idea how Berf got hash browns when ordering a burger.

My passport is navy blue with a gold coat of arms or emblem or something. Don't remember exactly what's on it but I imagine it has a Bald Eagle. I'll check when I get back to my room.

And yes, we hold our hands over our hearts for the national anthem even if it is set to the tune of an old drinking song.

The American National Anthem always reminds me of a book called 'My Naughty Little Sister' - which is set in America.

It's about a little girl who has just started kindergarten. They are doing the learning about the Declaration of Independence thing and the four score years and stuffs and learning the national Anthem read to put on the annual show.

She goes home very excited to talk to her mum. She wanted to know what a dawnser was. Because they needed to make sure they had one to celebrate with. So they could turn on its lee light.

I always remember the film - The Madness of King George - where he always flipped out if anyone mentioned the Colonies.

And The Patriot ... Kate was always surprised that we were never taught about our Bad Guys in that war. It was all quite awful.

King George's diary entry for July 4, 1776 was "Nothing important happened today."

IndependenceDay-Animation1.gif

I always remember the film - The Madness of King George - where he always flipped out if anyone mentioned the Colonies.

And The Patriot ... Kate was always surprised that we were never taught about our Bad Guys in that war. It was all quite awful.

King George's diary entry for July 4, 1776 was "Nothing important happened today."

IndependenceDay-Animation1.gif

as in the Madness of?

Archived