DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dexter Season 8 - Last Season!

Nolder

nah SD.  timeline wise, Harry committed suicide a day or two after that last tape Deb veiwed.   so it was Dex and Harry's inability to live with what he helped Dex become, that caused him to commit suicide.

Dex's discovery of the notes the chick has, and now with Deb trying to kill him.  i'm interested to see how this will effect him.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

nah SD.  timeline wise, Harry committed suicide a day or two after that last tape Deb veiwed.   so it was Dex and Harry's inability to live with what he helped Dex become, that caused him to commit suicide.

Dex's discovery of the notes the chick has, and now with Deb trying to kill him.  i'm interested to see how this will effect him.

You think she would have kept a tape in plain sight, of her subtly convincing Harry to off himself? Or even doing it herself a few days later?

no SD.  i'm just saying that seeing how Harry was on that tape, he wouldn't need any convincing at all to commit suicide and that the Doc didn't need to do anything.   i think Harry's suicide was legit in this case.

he wouldn't need any convincing at all to commit suicide and that the Doc didn't need to do anything.   i think Harry's suicide was legit in this case.

Consider those two bolded.

She's a psychologist.

Why didn't she see those signs? Or was it, That she did, but didn't do anything? That just goes into the Subtlety angle as well.

• 2 weeks later...

well atelast we know who will be Dex's downfall.

bad call on his part to let that boy live and even worse to take him under his wing  *smh*  hasn't Dex learned by now that when he flys Duo the risk factor increases 10 fold.  every time he pairs up with someone he either gets caught *cough*Deb*cough* or has to kill his partner.

and wtf is up with chick comming back?  i'm kinda foggy on how last season ended, but didn't he kill her?

Red I think you're forgetting about Lumen

Also I find the teaching aspect very interesting

I want to see what direction Dexter takes it considering he doesn't really follow the code anymore, it's mostly just a guideline

Also he left Hannah in prison with the promise that she wouldn't tell anyone about Dexter

no i'm not forgetting Lumin.  Deb caught Dex and Lumin killing the last guy, Deb condoned the killing and allowed them to continue without pushing them to reveal themselves.  but Deb still caught them.

S1 - his brother - he had to kill

S2 - Serial Killer chick - he had to kill

S3 - McGell - he had to kill becuase he almost got caught

S4 - Trinity - he had to kill, because Trinity was gonna kill him

S5 - Lumin - got him caught by Deb but Deb allowed him to get away without asking for his identity because she condoned the murders.

S6 - crazy psycho religous nut - he had to kill & Deb caught him

S7 - Deb & Hannah - Laguarda caught him because Deb interupted him at the crime scene causing him to lose the blood slide and be sloppy with clean up.

and your right, Hannah was left in prison.  i wonder how she got out and who in their right mind would marry that psycho.

so any bets on who will be killing Dex?  its either Deb, Hannah, New Kid or he gets the electric chair after being caught.  at first i kinda thought it would be Deb, but now shes all "i accept you" so i'm leaning more towards this new wild card kid.  hes a loaded gun in the hand of a nervous trigger finger if you ask me.

no i'm not forgetting Lumin.  Deb caught Dex and Lumin killing the last guy

You're mixing up your seasons. That's wrong.

Deb caught Dexter killing Travis Marshall, who had nothing to do with Lumen, the season after Lumen had already came and gone.

no Nol, your rememebring wrong. 

language warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbMli3hXzkE

Deb caught them, empathizes with them, condones what they did and lets them go.   Dex let Lumin kill the last guy, and got sloppy allowing Deb to pick up the trail and catch them.

like i said.  she catches them, but lets them go without forcing them to reveal their identities.

This storyline with Masuka and his long lost daughter is cute and funny but it's also pointless and distracting.

I think they should have focused on it less.

I love that story line.

Its called comedic relief. If you don't have it. Your audience kills itself. :tongue:

That said...

Why do I think Masuka is going to sleep with his daughter, or think about sleeping with her, and then say "my god.. I am a Pervert!" lol

he didn't, because the brain guy is the flamming therapist!!

i flippin KNEW she wasn't to be trusted.  i knew there was somethign off about here.  and there i went and ignored my gut and BAM i was right all along!!  she's a flamming serial killer who kills serial killers.

last time Dex went after an established serial killer *cough*trinity*cough* it was an EPIC game of cat and mouse.  it get goose bumps of anticipation to see how this turns out.

he didn't, because the brain guy is the flamming therapist!!

i flippin KNEW she wasn't to be trusted.  i knew there was somethign off about here.  and there i went and ignored my gut and BAM i was right all along!!  she's a flamming serial killer who kills serial killers.

last time Dex went after an established serial killer *cough*trinity*cough* it was an EPIC game of cat and mouse.  it get goose bumps of anticipation to see how this turns out.

Was it confirmed in that episode she was the killer?

as soon as it showed ol boy with his head cut open, it flashed to her holding a jar with brains in it.  the implication was there, overly there, so much so that it didn't need to be said.

Hmm I just figured she got another 'present'.

as soon as it showed ol boy with his head cut open, it flashed to her holding a jar with brains in it.  the implication was there, overly there, so much so that it didn't need to be said.

Yea its a no-brainer, as soon as I saw the kid dead I knew it had to have been her, and the shot of her with the brain bit nailed the coffin shut. I thought something wierd would happen as soon as Dexter asked her to take him home. Didnt think she would kill him though! And I was a bit disappointed by the the lack of a RAAAHVIIIIN VOGEL!!!!! moment from Dexter given how obvious it should have been to him.

Still not sure what to make of this season so far. Season 7 felt a LOT more like a final season than this one does. I actually feel like we're getting further away from the end the closer we get to it! Way too much acceptance is happening for my liking. We are being smothered by characters who accept him for what he is.

Still not sure what to make of this season so far. Season 7 felt a LOT more like a final season than this one does. I actually feel like we're getting further away from the end the closer we get to it! Way too much acceptance is happening for my liking. We are being smothered by characters who accept him for what he is.

That's similar to the books from my understanding.

When its finally revealed to the public what he is.

Everyone accepts him. (and that murderous demon lizard in him is partly responsible for that to...)

Now, given t his show not taking the demon lizard route.

My bet is.

A) Dex has been in a sanitarium this entire time, and its all imagined. *this was my theory for the longest time*

B) he was in coma since the car accident with deb, and is simply viewing the world as he'd wish it. (accepted).

:wink:

Archived