DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

True Blood

Vambram

Are there any fans of True Blood here on Dragonmount?

My wife and I have read most of the books which this series is based upon,and we both enjoy the books as well as this HBO summer tv series. We started watching season 6 after recording the first two episodes. 

Anyone got anything ... good or bad.. that they want to say about the True Blood HBO series?

Been watching the series since it came out. If there's anything that show does well, its the cliff-hangers that make me keep coming back.  :wink:

My wife and I have also watched all of the episodes from the previous five seasons. You are right, in that the show has GREAT cliff-hangers at the end of the final episode for each season. Also, I think that the weekly cliff-hangers are pretty darn good. 

• Community Administrator

Been watching the series since it came out. If there's anything that show does well, its the cliff-hangers that make me keep coming back.  :wink:

My wife and I have also watched all of the episodes from the previous five seasons. You are right, in that the show has GREAT cliff-hangers at the end of the final episode for each season. Also, I think that the weekly cliff-hangers are pretty darn good. 

Yeppers. Most of the stuff between, can be good, or... just cheesy as all hell. (But hey, sometimes the nudity at least saves the episodes :tongue:)

But the cliff hangers? I already have this.. well not OCD but nearly when it comes to 'finishing' a tv series once I've started it. Cliff Hangers? They drive me crazy. :wink:

My wife and I have read most of the books which this series is based upon,and we both enjoy the books as well as this HBO summer tv series. We started watching season 6 after recording the first two episodes. 

Anyone got anything ... good or bad.. that they want to say about the True Blood HBO series?

My husband and i read all the books together and love the tv series. 

It helps that we look at them like two separate entities. 

Favorite characters? I love love love Eric Northman. 

And Sam. 

And, well, Show Jason. Book Jason is not as cool.

My husband and i read all the books together and love the tv series. 

It helps that we look at them like two separate entities. 

Favorite characters? I love love love Eric Northman. 

And Sam. 

And, well, Show Jason. Book Jason is not as cool.

Sam & Jason are my favorites.

Though the Sheriff, I like him when he's miserable. :tongue:

Alcide,

You know, in this show he's definitely muscular, and all that stuff. But it wasn't until "what to expect when your expecting", that I saw him in I went "holy shit, that guy's a giant".

Specially next  to chris rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGoIpl0ydvM

My wife's favorite character in both the books and the TV show is Eric Northman. She also likes Pam a lot, too. 

In the books, my favorite character was Bill Compton. But in the show, I gotta admit that Eric Northman is probably my favorite. Alcide used to be one of my favorites until that stuff he did on episode 2 with Luna's daughter. 

You're right that we ought to think of the books and the TV show as separate entities because they really are very, very different from one another. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It sucked didn't it! Tell me! Was an awesome ending? Who died!!! I NEED TO KNOW! (*wispers*) Not Eric, please tell me it wasn't Eric! (even though he's become a little sadistic....)

This last season (I hope not the last?!) was like getting kicked in the balls, over and over again, but you keep on coming back for more.

The last episode alone was just WTH?! I MUST SEE MORE!

lol

Archived