DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A final gift for RTE - Shadow Training

All too soon they grow and fly the nest and RTE will be next. I would be very remiss if I sent in off into the wide world without at least a little bit of Shadow Training - and also I would like to see if he is truly Shadowy enough to finally be released.

RTE come here.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always on time. I like that. Your time for Shadow Training has come. Like so many before you, your first Task is to locate a member of the Light Faction and prove how well you can now perform attack weaves. You can try and be stealthy, but they know you are coming. We don't make things easy for Shadows.

Don't use official or pinned threads/discussions or anywhere else that just feels wrong. You know what I mean. And make it funny - and take pictures!!

Then bring the evidence back here. If I judge it sufficient I will allow you to move onto the next Task.

But you look fabulous!

Monks of Cool, remember?

The Monks of Cool, whose tiny and exclusive monastery is hidden in a really cool and laid-back valley in the lower Ramtops, have a passing-out test for a novice.

He is taken into a room full of all types of clothing and asked: Yo¹, my son, which of these is the most stylish thing to wear? And the correct answer is: Hey, whatever I select.

¹ Cool, but not necessarily up to date.

Terry Pratchett, "Lords and Ladies", 1992

Very proud indeed :biggrin:

I particularly like the way you have used this opportunity to show others the error of their ways lol.

And now finally we can move on.

The next part of the training for a true member of the Shadow is to teach them how not to be squeemish. You have done a basic attack - or perhaps we should call it a makeover lol. Now you may choose either a member of the Light OR a member of the Shadow and inflict the most horrible torture you can think of to bend them to your will.

All in good humour of course :smile:

Make it so!

Archived