DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Studio Ghibli

Toph Beifong

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

I agree it would have been nice if some of the aspects of the book of Howl's Moving Castle had made their way into the movie.  Especially the (spoiler for the book):

fact that Sophie could use magic herself. They kind of left this unexplained in the movie.

I re-watched Whisper of the Heart again yesterday because this thread made me miss it.  I usually watch it three or four times a year because it inspires me so much!  After I watch it, I feel as if I can do anything!  Yesterday, it helped me finish my 20 page story I was working on!

Now I really want to re-watch The Cat's Return and Arietty!

I still need to watch The Secret World of Arrietty. I didn't know that there was a book about Howl's Moving Castle. The only thing that I dislike about Studio Ghibli is that some of their movies just end.. weird. Like Ponyo or Howl's, it just feels like the movies stop sooner then they should or the ending is never really explained.. I found this most to be true with Ponyo, but then again that is a really weird movie haha >.>

• Community Administrator

I've just finished watching Whisper of the Heart.

It made me laugh so hard in the end! And with the playing violin-singing scene. It's a very motivating movie.

I love that scene!  It just leaves you feeling so happy and good inside.  And I love the way Shizuku pushes herself.  Her relationship with Seiji is so similar to how I feel about my husband.  My husband is SO ambitious and I still have no idea what I want to do with my life!

Archived