DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Brit Awards 2013

BFG

So do these reach anywhere outside of the UK?

BRIT Awards 2013 Winners - Full List
  • British Female Solo Artist - Emeli Sande
  • British Breakthrough - Ben Howard
  • British Group - Mumford & Sons
  • Best Male Solo Artist - Ben Howard
  • Best Live Act - Coldplay
  • International Female Solo Artist - Lana Del Rey
  • International Group - The Black Keys
  • Best British Single with Capital FM - Adele, 'Skyfall'
  • International Male Solo artist - Frank Ocean
  • British Album Of The Year - Emeli Sande, 'Our Version Of Events'
  • BRITs Global Success - One Direction

They do .. and they generally make more sense than some of our winners, except in one case. There should be an "Unfortunate" caveat placed in front of that "Global Success" for this year.

Now.. if they had presented the award to whomever threw the epic shoe that "crotch-rocked" the one kid .. THAT I would have applauded as "Global Success" :uno:  :rolleyes: 

It did seem to be a throwaway award.

I hadn't heard of Ben Howard, but I like what I've heard since (his music is being used to advertise BBC Radio 6).  I like Mumford & Sons, but Coldplay and Adele are both hit and miss for me, at least partly because when they've released a song it's played everywhere and their are only so many times I can hear a song before I go off it.

I don't venture far outside of my contemporary christian bubble - but I'm always open to music suggestions :) maybe I'll look up some of these peeps. Oh, and I remember what is it called the euro something music thingy - watched that with my host mom in Spain - they're comments were soooo hilarious!!!

Eurovision?  I hope you were drinking your sangria, the only way it's good is if you're drunk.

Check out Mumford & Sons.  They're supposed to be pretty big in the US so it should be easy to get hold of some of their stuff.

Jea ... two of Emelie Sandés' songs,

and
can each be taken as either sacred or secular. There is an
that I like a LOT better than the "Euro-pop/Club" version that was released as a single.

aww you thought of me and my contemporary christian ways :)

Archived