DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Precautions for spoilers

haplo333

Are there any precautions which were taken by DM's to avoid early-release spoilers?? There are many people who have already read the book (or claimed to read) and one of them might easily write what is going to happen in the end or talk about major events which will be happening in AMOL such as Min's visions (example). Even, there is a small chance of this kind of person, many people do not want to take that chance while we're one step closer to the ending. I begin to be afraid of entering the site to see some spoilers about the book but I love and appreciate Dragonmount so this isn't a solution. (at least for me). I am writing this statement because I want to feel safe, surely not to offend anyone (Luckers and Terez, I know, two awesome,dedicated fan to series, even they are not under stricted contract, they won't write anything about it, please don't get offended).

Thanks for your help and understanding

Haplo

Well I guess it depends on what kind of person you are really... I have the book and I'm almost done, but I'm not gonna post any kind of spoilers; I think that is mean and rude. And I've also decided to err on the side of caution and not say anything at all, except for the fact that I love it.

I understand your worry completly and hope that every person who's managed to get ahold of the book will respect those who haven't by not saying anything.

Yes, not only are there specific plans in place, I have already created a spoiler board and decided on a date. New Years Eve it goes live, unless there is a sudden spurt of people with the book.

There are also rules in place for anyone foolish enough to post spoilers where they shouldn't. These rules are harsh.

In a funny sort of way I almost feel sorry for all of you guys with an early copy of the book.

I know if it was me I'd be dying to discuss and share opinions.

almost.... :tongue:

I'm dying to discuss and share opinions, are you happy now? *whimpers and slowly dies in the corner* 

I don't know why, but I always think that I'll be getting the book on the 8th of January, I am not one of the dying people who want the book earlier:) I wouldn't mind to get it earlier but I don't get into hot water!! The method of Semirhage, "draining blood while the person lives then replacing blood with a liquid solution might be used if it's allowed:) 

What we do is this: we prowl the boards looking for anything out of the ordinary. If you do see spoilers, avert your eyes and PM a moderator, or simply hit the 'report' button at the end of the post. We'll do our best to remove it in a timely fashion.

Archived