DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mat`s luck

Red_count

Are you sure they were recognized as ta'avern then? The first time that ta'avern was introduced at all was in Caemlyn when Rand meets Loial. I am not exactly sure when Moiraine figured that all 3 were ta'avern' date=' but I don't think she knew which one was the Dragon Reborn at the time she met them. I may be wrong because I haven't reread it since I read it the first time and later events would clarify. I thought she brought all three because she wasn't sure exactly which one it was to be.[/quote']

Rand could channel before it was acknowledged by Moiraine as well.

Has there been any evidence that Rand or Perrin are lucky at all?

Well rand has had his hand blown off, is going blind, and has a madman in his head.

Perrin is stuck with faile...

No they're actually pretty unlucky.

Has there been any evidence that Rand or Perrin are lucky at all?

Well rand has had his hand blown off' date=' is going blind, and has a madman in his head.

Perrin is stuck with faile...

No they're actually pretty unlucky.[/quote']

:lol:

They do have some luck though, but not general luck such as Mat. Perrin and Rand have things just fall into place for them by chance.

Guest Majsju

The effects of ta'veren comes and goes, sometimes it can be quite some time between periods when the effects are even noticable.

Mat on the other hand is lucky pretty much all the time.

And Mat mentions somewhere that he has always been lucky, just not as insanely as he is now. Which might hint at either the dagger or the healing has triggered something that has been latent in him all the time.

Which also goes against ta'veren, since Mat became ta'veren at the same time as Rand and Perrin, just a little time before the beginning of TEOTW.

Archived