DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pc games

Toph Beifong

Assuming you don't mind old graphics (which I am assuming given that you gave Baldur's Gate a chance), I would recommend Planescape: Torment.  I've never played it but it's supposed to be one of the best RPGs ever.  It's also pretty cheap.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/planescape_torment

Baldur's Gate II (also available on GOG) is supposed to be arguably the best RPG ever, so you could try that.

As for games I have actually played, you might like the Dragon Age games.  I'm currently playing Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition (got it off origin.com) and I like it a lot.  Oh, and if you haven't played them already, I would definitely recommend both Knights of the Old Republic games.  You can find those on Steam.  I had a bit of trouble getting the first one to run properly, but it was well worth the effort.

The Witcher games are also on sale on GOG.  I played the first one and almost finished it.  It was ok.  There wasn't enough magic or character customization in it for my taste though.  It was mainly sword combat and alchemy.

I'm having less free time that I thought I'd have. Anyway I'm playing a bit just before going to sleep, when my brain is so burnt out that I can't study anymore. I'm trying to play Assassins Creed. I say "trying" because my computer is a bit old and designed for employees, so it only meets the minimum system requirements. 

Portal 2 and Braid. 

They both have amazing stories.  

ALL of the portal two.

Whats Braid about? I haven't heard of it.

Braid went around my school this year some time, it seems to be a platformer similar in some ways to the company of myself (which is absolutely brilliant)

I've heard before about Portal, but not about Braid or The Company of Myself. Which of those would you recommend first?

Assuming you don't mind old graphics (which I am assuming given that you gave Baldur's Gate a chance), I would recommend Planescape: Torment.  I've never played it but it's supposed to be one of the best RPGs ever.  It's also pretty cheap.

Baldur's Gate II (also available on GOG) is supposed to be arguably the best RPG ever, so you could try that.

As for games I have actually played, you might like the Dragon Age games.  I'm currently playing Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition (got it off origin.com) and I like it a lot.  Oh, and if you haven't played them already, I would definitely recommend both Knights of the Old Republic games.  You can find those on Steam.  I had a bit of trouble getting the first one to run properly, but it was well worth the effort.

The Witcher games are also on sale on GOG.  I played the first one and almost finished it.  It was ok.  There wasn't enough magic or character customization in it for my taste though.  It was mainly sword combat and alchemy.

I don't mind old graphics at all. I've got a special edition with BG I and II with their expansions. I'll have a look to Planetscape, it sounds good. What's The Whitcher about?

I would suggest Dragon Age: Origins, Skyrim, and Dark Souls. For something a bit older you can try Knights of the Old Republic.

And if you ever get back into Mass Effect it really is worth it. I love that series.

I got into Mass Effect again, though my computer runs it a bit slow (I had to change the resolution).

I'm having less free time that I thought I'd have. Anyway I'm playing a bit just before going to sleep, when my brain is so burnt out that I can't study anymore. I'm trying to play Assassins Creed. I say "trying" because my computer is a bit old and designed for employees, so it only meets the minimum system requirements. 

Portal 2 and Braid. 

ALL of the portal two.

Braid went around my school this year some time, it seems to be a platformer similar in some ways to the company of myself (which is absolutely brilliant)

I've heard before about Portal, but not about Braid or The Company of Myself. Which of those would you recommend first?

start with In the company of Myself, it's free and no downloads or anything, just play

Portal 2 and Braid. 

ALL of the portal two.

start with In the company of Myself, it's free and no downloads or anything, just play

Thanks! I'll start tonight.

Guest PiotrekS

I loved The Witcher for a wonderful plotline and great atmosphere. A small warning though - definitely not a game for children.

If you don't mind old graphics - and I mean really, really old, I think 1993 - Betrayal at Krondor is a classic. It's based on a series by Raymond E. Feist, has great plot and freedom of roaming the wide world. But really very old, as I said.

I've also heard a lot of good about Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment.

I am a little bit like a mammoth gamer since I love oldschool adventure games and almost nobody else does, but for the sake of the amazing story I recommend The Longest Journey and its beautiful sequel, truly a work of art, Dreamfall. You need to like those kinds of games though.

Diablo is dangerous. Hard to stop once you start,  very immersive, though might get repetitive after a while. Endless clicking on monsters is fun up to a point. Regardless, I still remember playing the first Diablo as a kid, alone in the house and quite late in the evening. Quite a terrifying experince  :wink:

Archived