DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Whatcha Jamming?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been working on some les miserables stuff with the movie coming out. BB, I'm working on Frank Sinatra stuff...which of course wasn't written by him, but he definitely played a role in making many of those songs popular. I'm a tenor and he's a baritone, so I sometimes sing them in different keys than he does, but I have a book of Sinatra sings that I've been looking at.

Been working on some les miserables stuff with the movie coming out. BB, I'm working on Frank Sinatra stuff...which of course wasn't written by him, but he definitely played a role in making many of those songs popular. I'm a tenor and he's a baritone, so I sometimes sing them in different keys than he does, but I have a book of Sinatra sings that I've been looking at.

Hey Kronos, Im really jealous of you that you are working on Les Mis stuff. Love that musical. Since you are a tenor, I was wondering which parts are you working on? Val Jean? Marius? Enjorlas? I sang bits and pieces from Les Mis as well, but it was years back.

On a side note, I think Frank Sinatra is awesome. He is a big influence for my style. And I think i can do a killer "My Way" :)

Hey Kronos, Im really jealous of you that you are working on Les Mis stuff. Love that musical. Since you are a tenor, I was wondering which parts are you working on? Val Jean? Marius? Enjorlas? I sang bits and pieces from Les Mis as well, but it was years back.

On a side note, I think Frank Sinatra is awesome. He is a big influence for my style. And I think i can do a killer "My Way" :)

I'm not playing in it...just working on some songs...not doing a particular part or anything. I hope the movie is good.

He's getting up there in years...but would love to see colm wilkinson as valjean again...I cry everytime the man sings "bring him home"

Colm Wilkinson was "the Val Jean" for me too. Hats off. We had a way of singing bring him home tho, imagine the melody.. And start with this lyrics instead: "God its high, this songs too high..." That man COULD sing high :)

Hugh Jackman isn't allowed to be Valjean! He's not old enough!

I think he is gonna be a really good Valjean. In the beginning of the story Valjean is youngish after all, and gets older with time.

Besides, Ive seen Hugh Jackman live on Broadway back in the day, he is a very good musical singer and a real good tenor.

PS: Is it strange that my first posts in a WoT fandom forum are about my other passion instead?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived