DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Seanchan and Egwene

Stormofheaven

I just read this litle tidbit in COT:

Abruptly, the ledge dropped away from under her with the crack of crumbling stone, and she caught frantically at the cliff, fingers scrabbling to find a hold. Her fingertips slid into a tiny crevice, and her fall stopped with a jolt that wrenched her arms. Feet dangling into the clouds, she listened to the falling stone crash against the cliff until the sound faded to nothing without the stone ever hitting the ground. Dimly, she could see the broken ledge to her left. Ten feet away, it might as well have been a mile off for all the chance she had of reaching it. In the other direction, the mists hid whatever remained of the path, but she thought it had to be farther away still. There was no strength in her arms. She could not pull herself up, only hang there by her fingertips until she fell. The edge of the crevice seemed as sharp as a knife under her fingers.

Suddenly a woman appeared, clambering down the sheer side of the cliff out of the clouds, making her way as deftly as if she were walking down stairs. There was a sword strapped to her back. Her face wavered, never settling clearly, but the sword seemed as solid as the stone. The woman reached Egwene’s level and held out one hand. “We can reach the top together,” she said in a familiar drawl­ing accent.

I just read this little tidbit in COT:

Obviously,the first part happened. THey attacked Tar Valon. But who will be the one to help her? I figure it must be Eganian. Since POV in chapter 1? Or 2? I cannot really remember, and she comes back into the story. Furthermore, my guess has something to do with the damane. Any thoughts?

The OP says that "Her face wavered, never settling clearly".

Of course, this might also reflect the changes Egeanin has gone through; ship captain who believes 100% in Seanchan ways, then her in Tanchico learning about the failure with the sul'dam/damane system, being raised to the blood, then being stripped of her titles and all she is, even her name, by Tuon, and then having to find her own way and purpose in the world.

Archived