DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who's Voice was In Rand's Head End of Eye of the World?

garfoofafuffel

Oh is that how it works? :rolleyes: I did exactly that when stating the kill count is not much higher in the ToM scene than KoD and also showing the Ashaman could see all the weaves. If it was some new power they would not be able to do so.

Of course, in KoD, Rand had help from Logan, Asha'men, ect, and it was clearly stated that he would have been overwhelmed without them. By ToM, he doesn't need help anymore.

And, yes,of course he is still wielding the one power. Of course, that doens't have anything to do with the *acual* points I just made, that you apparently can't refute:

Anyway' date=' the power level isn't really what's important here, what's important is that Rand really does definatly seem have something extra now, some kind of "blessing of the light" or something along those lines. Like I said, darkfriends going crazy, apples growing around him, the light in his brain, ect. I think that was pretty obvious in ToM, right from the start.[/quote']

When he uses the one power now, darkfriends in the general vacinity literally go insane and tear their eyes out. He can walk into a field and it blossoms. He isn't just a mortal channaler anymore; he still is that, of course, but he also has something else. He is finally the Fisher King, the champion of the Creator, that prophecy always said he would become.

And when that happened, Perrin, watching from the world of dreams, saw a single point of light come from the heavens into Rand, and defeat that huge black cloud around him. In the real world, a blue patch of sky opened up in the clouds above his head above dragonmount and stayed there for days.

I don't know why you're so fixated on the exact number of trollocs killed or whatever, that's really not at all the point here.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And, yes,of course he is still wielding the one power. Of course, that doens't have anything to do with the *acual* points I just made, that you apparently can't refute:

Nah, your just changing your story now after I did refute points like...

It seems clear to me that in Towers of Midnight, Rand has tapped into some other force, some other source of power.

He can walk into a field and it blossoms. He isn't just a mortal channaler anymore; he still is that, of course, but he also has something else. He is finally the Fisher King, the champion of the Creator, that prophecy always said he would become.

The prophecies say nothing about the Fisher King. It is merely a piece in the game Ishy plays. As for being the champion that is what the Dragon Soul always it doesn't change. He has been that from the start, it's why all the grain was going bad and what not because he is "one with the land" .

It seems clear to me that in Towers of Midnight, Rand has tapped into some other force, some other source of power.

Both are true.

The power stored in Eye of the World was One Power too, remember. It was just a totally pure form of the One Power, and that was what let him hear the Voice that we're talking about.

All the Power Rand uses now is still the One Power, it's just...I don't have a good word for it, "elemental light power" or something. Whatever the opposite of "tainted" or "corrupted" is. In ToM he says that he could have accidently triggered the Last Battle by using so much power. I don't think he could have done that in The Gathering Storm, no matter how much power he used, because it was all still dark-tainted; the taint was gone from the power itself, but it was still in Rand. He could destroy the world by using too much power, but he couldn't accidently start the last battle with the dark one. That's changed, now.

Both are true.

The power stored in Eye of the World was One Power too, remember. It was just a totally pure form of the One Power, and that was what let him hear the Voice that we're talking about.

All the Power Rand uses now is still the One Power, it's just...I don't have a good word for it, "elemental light power" or something. Whatever the opposite of "tainted" or "corrupted" is. In ToM he says that he could have accidently triggered the Last Battle by using so much power. I don't think he could have done that in The Gathering Storm, no matter how much power he used, because it was all still dark-tainted; the taint was gone from the power itself, but it was still in Rand. He could destroy the world by using too much power, but he couldn't accidently start the last battle with the dark one. That's changed, now.

Ahh ok, I see where you are going now a bit better. Thanks.

Well, seeing this quote:

Interview: 2011

Twitter 2011 (WoT) (Verbatim)

Jeff Edde (3 January 2011)

Interesting. In The Eye of the World, Rand uses Light and Power. Is it significant that he uses Light and Power again in Towers of Midnight?

Brandon Sanderson (3 January 2011)

Yes.

JEFF EDDE (12 JANUARY)

Can Rand channel Light and Power as a result of touching the Eye of the World, or does he have access to it because he is who he is?

BRANDON SANDERSON

It was the power in the Eye, so far as I know.

Rand channel Power and Light during the Eye of the World event, and he do the same during Maradon after his epiphany.

When he return after Maradon he say that he was exhausted and that he was too close to an actual confrontation.

Basicly, he was fighting as the Champion of Light against the forces of evil.

if he fought with Light during the Eye event as well, he was fighting as the champion of Light as well. he was just not aware of it.

This lead me to two scenarios:

1) Could we assume that the Dark One don't really get involved personally but rather let hit Nae'blis do all the dirty work (bubbles of evil etc are just indirect actions from the Dark one, induced by him getting closer and closer to the world and not him saying "Here I wasnt something bad to happen".) then that would mean that Aginor was not the Chosen by the Dark one, ishy was the Nae'blis quite a few times in the past if I understand things right. The fight would be between ishy and Rand and that Aginor was on his own here. That was not ment to be THE fight.

Basicly, it was the Dark one saying that he would take no part in that fight as it was not ment to be the Last Battle.

2) That Rand was not yet the chosen by the Light. He had not yet had his epiphany. Thus, the fight between Light and Dark was not with Rand as the Chosen Champion of the Light. he had just got a freebie-well with Light-power. I made a post a while back considering the dualities of the Powers and pondering if there was a Dark one Power (True Power) as the far Evil on the scale, a Creator power (light-power) and the One Power as a mix in the middle. I was shown a quote tho that there was no such connection between Rand and the Creator. He could not draw power from the Creator the way the Forsaken can draw True Power from the Dark One.

We have also seen quotes here in the thread where RJ have said something along the lines of "What makes you think the Creator takes no interest in what happens to humanity?".

Basicly, it was the Creator saying that Rand is on his own, should he become the Champion (and not turn Dark), and that the fight is for humans to settle.

the very quote you give (and it's certainly a very interesting one) argues against your interpretation. BS said specifically that the Light and Power was the power of the Eye and not anything to do with Rand's nature.

That quote doesn't seem to support either point of view about the VOICE IMO, at least not in the way you are trying to use it.

Archived