DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Importance of Slayer in Last Battle

Darksmoon

I don't really see Perrin's "joker card" and Slayer being linked. Perrin has to be there when Rand is being hurt by women that can channel and Slayer does not qualify.

I thought that as well, but they are two different visions, unrelated.

The Perrin vision does not indicate women channelling.

LoC 46

Twice he's going to have to be there, or you... If he's not, something bad will happen to you. Very bad. It will happen if he is not there, but nothing I saw said it won't because he is. It will be very bad, Rand."

The other vision is this:

LoC: 41

And there was something else, something new, an aura of yellow and brown and purple that made her stomach clench. "Aes Sedai are going to hurt you. Women who can channel, anyway. It was all confused. I'm not sure about the Aes Sedai part. But it might happen more than once. I think that's why it seemed all scrambled."

sorry, you are right. somehow I conflated those two visions into one.

BTW, it's actually possible then that the vision about women who can channel hurting Rand has been completely fulfilled already with the second time referring to the Semirhage encounter.

I would think it will break down to parralels. The main protaganist will all have vital antagonists that they have to face. Perrin to Slayer, Nynaeve to Mogheiden, Rand to Moridin. Mat to Padian Fain. Though I cannot say who will face who with any certainty. I think all of the main groups will have to face one of the Holdouts of the dark one in some way or another. And the end of ToM threw some curve balls aswell. The Strange Aiel in the blight, Lanfear in Rands dream. Paiden Fains symbiosis and merger with Mashadar.

Archived