DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

RECIPE EXCHANGE - Desserts

Kivam

Enchalada Cassarole (not so much a dessert but edible at all hours)

2 cans Enchalada Sauce

1 bag shredded cheese

1 lb ground beef or turkey

Crushed Red Pepper

20 corn tortillas

1) Brown 1 lb ground beef. Spice as desired (a taco seasoning, or I use my own mixture of Cumin, Coriander, Chili Powder, Onion Power, Minced Garlic, Red Pepper, Black Pepper). Drain grease.

2) Take a 10 inch round casserole dish. Lightly cover bottom of dish with a layer of sauce.

3) Create a layer of tortillas on the bottom.

4) Layer the top of tortillas with a new layer of sauce, cheese and about 1/2 of your meat.

5) Add another layer of tortillas.

6) Layer the top of tortillas with sauce, cheese and rest of meat.

7) Add final layer of tortillas.

8) Top with sauce and remainder of cheese.

9) Cover and bake @ 350 degree for 30-40 minutes or until cheese is beginning to brown.

10) Remove from oven, serve immediately. Garnish with crushed red pepper.

Tricks of the trade: This recipe is very customizable to how you like it. If you like it a little more dry, don't put as much sauce. Some like more cheese. I really like this with ground venison.

Death by Chocolate

o 2 cups flour

o 1 tbsp double-acting baking powder

o 1/2 tsp baking soda

o 2 cups sugar

o 2 large eggs

o 1 stick butter, chopped

o 1 cup sour cream

o 1/2 cup water

o 2 tsp vanilla extract

o 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp cocoa

o 1 12-oz. package semisweet chocolate chips

o Powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350F. Butter a bundt pan. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda twice. Add these three ingredients to a small bowl. Beat sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add butter and mix into egg mixture thoroughly. Add sour cream, water, vanilla extract, and beat. Add flour mixture and cocoa and beat slowly just until flour is absorbed. Fold in chocolate chips and pour into buttered Bundt pan. Bake 1 hour. When cool, sift powdered sugar on top.

For overkill -

Chocolate Grand Marnier Sauce

o 10 oz silken soft tofu

o 1/4 cup cocoa powder

o 2 tbsp maple syrup, to 4 tbs

o 2 tbsp Grand Marnier, to 3 tbs

o 1 tsp vanilla extract

o strawberries or sliced fresh peaches

For best results, use the fresh (refrigerated) tofu, not aseptic-packed. Drain the tofu in a fine-mesh strainer for 15 minutes. In a blender or food processor, puree the tofu until creamy, about 30 seconds. Add the cocoa powder, maple syrup, Grand Marnier, and the vanilla extract. Blend thoroughly, scraping down the sides of the container. Blend until the mixture is extremely smooth. Transfer to a well-sealed container and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Keeps for up to three days.

Chocolate Mint Sauce

o 3 oz unsweetened chocolate (3 sq)

o 1/4 cup water

o 1 cup sugar

o 1/2 cup light corn syrup

o 1/3 tsp salt

o 2/3 cup light cream or

o 2/3 cup undiluted evaporated milk

o 1/2 tsp peppermint extract

Place chocolate and water in a deep, 1 ½-quart, heat- resistant, non-metallic casserole. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 45 seconds or until chocolate is melted. Stir to blend chocolate and water. Add sugar, corn syrup and salt. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 9 minutes or until a candy thermometer reaches 240=F8 F. (If a candy thermometer is not available, drop a small amount of the mixture into very cold water. The mixture should form a soft ball which flattens when removed from the water. Stir every minute. Gradually blend in cream and flavoring. Makes 2 cups

Brandied Raspberry Sauce

o 12 oz raspberries, frozen, dry pack

o 3/4 cup sugar

o 2 tbsp cornstarch

o 1/4 cup brandy

Note: 3 cups fresh raspberries can be used in place of frozen raspberries. Combine raspberries and sugar in medium saucepan. Dissolved the cornstarch in the brandy in a small bowl. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the raspberries until well blended. Cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens and bubbles, about 5 minutes. Do not overcook. Cool to a room temperature. Store in a tightly covered container

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not much of a cook but this is something I make that isn't to bad. I don't have exact measurements so eyeball to personal tastes. Note: this has evolved from the original recipe.

Peanut Butter Cheerios

jar of peanut butter (I use creamy)

box of cheerios

bag of chocolate chips

box of raisins

I use a mixing spoon and drop two large dollops of PB in a sauce pot and set the heat on warm. Then add about half the bag of chocolate chips and stir until the chips melt and combine with the peanut butter. Turn off heat. Add cheerios and stir unitl the mixture until the cheerios are coated evenly. Add the raisins. Pour mixture into a bowl, or cake pan if you want brownie like snacks. Chow down :D

I first made this for a large snack when I was a teenager with hust peanut butter and cheerios and I mixed them cold. This recipe is good for one or two people.

Archived