DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who will have the actual "Memory" of The Light? What will it be? What will it do?

The Fisher King

I think Brandon's quote is pretty spot on. Of course, he could be playing possum, or hiding the fact that the Memory of Light could be about Rand AND something more.

As one who advocated the theory that aMoL could/would reference a memory of Light that one of the Forsaken had, like that referenced in ToM in Graendal's POV with Moridin (Writings, Ch. 5). I thought that that was a possibility, especially, after Cyndane's plea to Rand in the epilogue.

Taking into consideration BS's quote, I don't think there will be a specific "Memory of Light", or if there is one, it will be from Rand. Though I think Moridin or Cyndane would have been more interesting.

Question: Before BS broke the last book into three books, was A Memory of Light the title for the entire book?

Yes.

Thanks. Maybe, that's all it is. That shred of light Rand leaves for himself that gradually diminishes and then his return as Zen Rand.

I think you are right in that this can also be considered Rand having his memory of light, yes.

But I also think RJ will show us that a lot of prophesy, sayings and predictions like viewings/ finn-answers will find their way into the last few chapters of AMoL.

I think RJ is really going to surpise us by having prophesy that has already been fullfilled, being fullfilled again on the Last Day.

Just like Ishamael is trying to fullfill prophesy in his own way.

It's the same with this title; it's too good -and usable in so many ways- to not use in the Last Battle.

@Mik excellent post

Thanks! Always nice to read!

Some call it a theory...some call it trolling.

It's a fine line you walk Mik. Tiptoing between convoluted theory and Felix Pax land. Somehow you always manage to stay just barely on the right side...which is of course epic.

@Suttree & Kovan. Hahaha! As long as I stay on the right side guys! Where did I pull tarrot-stuff out of my arse? Where did I call Luca the Dragon?? C'mon. Dida? REALLY??

*feels misunderstood and must snicker at the same time*

:myrddraal:

VALAN LUCA IS SHAI'TAN! :biggrin:

Archived