DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMoL ReRead Prep Suggestions?

Mithrawn05

I am an awfully slow reader unfortunately and there is no way I'll be able to re-read every single book before January. I physically won't have enough time. Any suggesionts on important bits or maybe 3 or 4 books I should read to really get me back in the story?

I'm thinking of just rereading the first and last book but I don't know....I'd like to be able to get through the last book without having to look up every other character as they get mentioned lol. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Well, I doubt there's much about TEotW you forgot, but it's a good read. TSR is important because it's our gateway to Aiel society, as well as Isam's character. After that, ToM should remind you where everybody's at. Of course, every single book had a lot of stuff happening, so you're bound to miss some stuff. That's okay, though, it'll come back to you :smile:

For the last few books, short (couple of A4s) roundups of all important storylines were created. Google them up, and you probably read them at 1 line a day.

What is an A4?

A4 is the standard size of a page... You know, paper?

Just checked wikipedia: your paper has other sizes than ours?????

*Grumbles something about stupid Americans*

For the last few books, short (couple of A4s) roundups of all important storylines were created. Google them up, and you probably read them at 1 line a day.

What is an A4?

A4 is the standard size of a page... You know, paper?

Just checked wikipedia: your paper has other sizes than ours?????

*Grumbles something about stupid Americans*

Not sure where the heck you live but A4 isn't exactly common usage for paper sizes in America...ignorance doesn't necissarily equate to stupidity. However, haughty remarks do tend to paint you as a jack a**

Thorum's final remarks made it clear that he wasn't making fun of you, only surprised that North Americans don't use the same standard for paper sizes as the rest of the world.

I'm not sure how to convey the degree to which this surprised me as well, despite having attended collage in Canada for a semester (I just figured the notebooks I got there were odd or something; in hindsight, way to go, me...). I'd say think of the first time you discovered no one else in the world knows how far 20 miles is, how much soda you get in a 6oz glass, or how hot a 95 degrees summer day is. Except that you were probably a child when you learned that, so it's not a good example. Think how it would feel to find out that maps outside America show the south on top (which they mostly don't, I'm just straining for a good example).

Archived