DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I don't think Cyndane is Lanfear

CandymanGT-

Guest cwestervelt
racha_giurgiu: I am laughing so hard right now at Thor's post. People at work are looking at me funny. LOL!

Just started reading the thread. Read Thor's and had the same reaction as you. Fortunately, I'm not at work right now. Just supposed to be doing work. :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually we have quite a bit of evidence that you can be healed after stilling BUT not if you are burned out.

We also know that channelling and doing things you don’t understand around Ter’angreals lead to burn out not stilling.

The evidence is with Setalle Anan – who is Martine Janata, who was burned out when experimenting with ter’angreal. (the encyclopaedia calls it stilled but they are wrong for ones)

People who are stilled can wear an a’dam with out causing pain for the daman and can sense the source through it – Siuan and Leane try it in the Prologue of LOC. When Mistress Anan puts it on in Ebou Dar just before they flee she does can not where it with out the Aes Sedai going nuts with pain. WH Chp.29

So the conclusion is that she is as far from channelling as any non channler.

SO - if Lanfear was burned out - as she should by falling through the doorway while holing the power... she can not be healed. :-?

Any answers? I'm sure you have them. :-)

Being "reborn" so to speak, as I think lanfear was, does not mean that she will be of the same strength in the one power as she once was. RJ seems to go to great lengths to describe how much power a person can take or hold as being "As much as a body can hold." Which really doesn't say much other than it varies with each individual "body." Luckers is usually always spot on with his thoughts and theories but being healed by another, more specifically a woman..., that just one I can't buy. Other than that Cyndane is very much Lanfear re-born.

Sadly, I do. The pain experienced by Joline was not caused by Setelle wearing the bracelet. It was caused by her trying to move. The Seanchan a'dam is designed so that neither damane nor bracelet can be moved without it being worn by a sul'dam. This was the effect that came into play when Setelle put on the bracelet.

Elaynes a'dam, however, had been altered so that Moghedian could move around, as could the bracelet without being worn. That is why when Suine wore the bracelet nothing occured.

As to the feelings felt by the wearer of the bracelet, we have no way of knowing if Setelle felt them. There are alot of reasons she wouldnt have spoken of them, including jolines anguished screams, her desire to hide that she used to be Aes Sedai, and the possibility that she did not realise she shouldn't have been able to feel them.

You should note, though, that suine and Leane can sense the source with or without the bracelet.

In any case it is obvious the being burned out is more thorough then being stilled. However there is no evidence about wether or not that has any effect on the possibility of them being healed.

Archived