DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Prince of Ravens: Painful Truths

(a) Everything we know points to Tuon not believing herself Empress until the declares it. She's very strict, and she actually believed that not naming herself such is what allowed her to meet with Rand on equal grounds.

(b) I quoted the ToM instance in the last page. You can see the chapter name there.

(a) Everything we know points to Tuon not believing herself Empress until the declares it. She's very strict, and she actually believed that not naming herself such is what allowed her to meet with Rand on equal grounds.

(b) I quoted the ToM instance in the last page. You can see the chapter name there.

Re a) My understanding is that she delayed her declaration of "I am the Empress" till she met Rand. She thought that Rand would have to kneel before the Empress and it wouldn't be proper for her to hold a parley with him if she was the Empress.

Re b) Thanks for the reference.

The first Prince of the Ravens could be a gramatical error, i.e. he was first, Prince of the Ravens, meaning that it should take priority over other things. Additionally even if he doesn't inherit the right to command, Tuon has seen how good he is as a commander, and may choose to place him in command of the armies. I actually have more difficulty seeing Egwene trusting him with the command of the army.

Archived