DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moiraine and her new angreal

jwood01

One thing worth noting.

Whatever Moiraine sees as her role in TG, etc., it probably has little to do with her strength in the OP.

She offered to relinquish the semi-sa'angreal when chatting to Thom - that offer had to be genuine.

While she may be willing to make many sacrifices for the sake of her love-life, she's exceedingly unlikely to jeopardise the prospects of victory in TG.

That said, the AMoL illustration suggests she is indeed placed in a situation where she must use the OP.,

Regarding the underlined text, I think it is safe to assume that the amount of power in Callandor's circle is irrelevant to the task. It is safe to assume that LTT and the 100 Companions wielded much more power than the Callandor circle; and they still failed to seal the DO permanently. This time around, when the Bore seems to be destined for a perfect sealing, what is needed is less power but more technique.

Well ltt and the companions weren't linked, so callendor and it's mini circle well technically wield more powah.

My understanding of WoT is that there is no way that a circle of 3 combined with Callandor included would wield more raw power than LTT and the 100 companions (some of them the most powerful male AS in history) with the angreal and ter'angreal they (presumably) took with them in the Strike on Shayol Ghul. I envision it as something like this in terms of raw power:

Rand (plus Callandor) + Nynaeve (minus her angreal) + Moiraine (with her bracelet) is smaller than

Rand (minus callandor) + Companion 1 + Companion 2 (with angreal) + Companion 3 + Companion 4 (with angreal) ............................................................................................................................................................................................................. + Companion 99 + Companion 100 .

In terms of raw power, no, but in terms if concentrated power? Yes. Rand will have a concentrated beam of pure power, Saiden and Sadair. Those guys just had Sadair, and 113 little beams, in some cases the 1 super powerful beam will do more damage/help. Plus the two powers compliment each other.

Do we know if they had Angreal with them? (I mean we can assume I suppose, but it's never spoken of).

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we know if they had Angreal with them? (I mean we can assume I suppose, but it's never spoken of).

That is why I had "presumably" in my quote. But in any case, you can picture it like the Bowl of Winds episode in the Kin's farm in Ebou Dar. Nynaeve and Elayne distributed as many ter'angreal as possible to make the weaving as powerful as possible. I am presuming that LTT did the same with his Strike on Shayol Ghul.

That is why I had "presumably" in my quote. But in any case, you can picture it like the Bowl of Winds episode in the Kin's farm in Ebou Dar. Nynaeve and Elayne distributed as many ter'angreal as possible to make the weaving as powerful as possible. I am presuming that LTT did the same with his Strike on Shayol Ghul.

Who knows, but it makes nothing but sense.

Archived