DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I've had enough of Red Eagle Entertainment. Have you?

kilika

REE/G good or bad for WoT?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Please ‘sign’ this poll if you agree that Red Eagle should give up the rights for the Wheel of Time.

• I agree.
    • No, let them keep the rights.

Yep, it's a first-person shooter, and a fairly decent one too if you're into those kind of games. Released by Legend and ran off the Unreal Engine I believe. Unfortunately, there were newer, better first-person shooters released in the same year that had bigger industry hype and backing. You may have heard of them, Unreal and Quake. And it's not canon, much like the table-top rpg, Jordan disavowed it despite being consulted by the development teams on both.

I don't believe they had anything to do with it. The game was published by GT Interactive and distributed by Legend in 1999. I don't think Red Eagle came on the scene until '07 or '08. I don't know when exactly they acquired the rights, but mid-2000's seems right. No doubt, if they did have anything to do with it, we wouldn't be having this conversation about it right now.

Yep, it's a first-person shooter, and a fairly decent one too if you're into those kind of games. Released by Legend and ran off the Unreal Engine I believe. Unfortunately, there were newer, better first-person shooters released in the same year that had bigger industry hype and backing. You may have heard of them, Unreal and Quake. And it's not canon, much like the table-top rpg, Jordan disavowed it despite being consulted by the development teams on both.

Quake was like 3 years before Unreal was released though...

Members of the series. It was the new Unreal Tournament and Quake III, if you want to be all pedantic about it. If it weren't for those two, the WoT video game would have easily been the best fps released that year. It's like #10 on the most unappreciated games of all time. I don't care for it myself, mostly because I don't care for fps. And the multiplayer I've seen strikes me as un-WoTish. And the weird ter'angreal thing to explain why an Aes Sedai needed weapons and ammo to channel. But lots of people liked it and had fun playing it.

Archived