DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Would you accept the taint?

Masema

A thought came to me. << This is very rare by the way. If you were offered the chance to be able to channel Saidin, pre Shadar Logoth, in real life, would you take it? Saidin, that sweet maelstrom of fire and ice, with the sickness of the taint that would eventually drive you mad. There would be no avoiding the madness, but you could channel. Would you risk it? Would the temptation overwhelm you?

A thought came to me. << This is very rare by the way. If you were offered the chance to be able to channel Saidin, pre Shadar Logoth, in real life, would you take it? Saidin, that sweet maelstrom of fire and ice, with the sickness of the taint that would eventually drive you mad. There would be no avoiding the madness, but you could channel. Would you risk it? Would the temptation overwhelm you?

Without question. Knowing that I could do something so amazing for a while, and then go out in a blaze of glory? Definitely. Though I'd hope there were Aes Sedai to catch us once we went mad or something... dying crazy doesn't seem like it'd be so bad. Heh. But yes. I'd do it.

Realistically, with the understanding that I will definitely end up hurting myself and probably everyone else around me, possibly shattering entire cities if not countries, putting others in danger to try and bring me down when I can no longer listen to reason, endangering my loved ones, friends, neighbors, and all their lives?

No. Not a chance.

Edit - I maaaaay have taken this question a bit too seriously! :dry:

Realistically, with the understanding that I will definitely end up hurting myself and probably everyone else around me, possibly shattering entire cities if not countries, putting others in danger to try and bring me down when I can no longer listen to reason, endangering my loved ones, friends, neighbors, and all their lives?

No. Not a chance.

Edit - I maaaaay have taken this question a bit too seriously! :dry:

SHAME ON YOU being responsible and such.

Precisely but then I'd call Nyn and Rand and they could cleanse it and then Nyn could Heal meh. Plain and simple.

But can't madness only be healed by the True Power??? I haven't seen Nyn heal anyone mad. In fact she says that it's impossible. But a lot of the things that her and Egwene discovered were said to be impossible. I might be wrong. I'm only at Knife of Dreams right now, so it could have happened.

Hmm, I just realized that I haven't answered my own question. I would do it. But when I recognize the first signs of madness I would seclude myself on an empty island and stay there so I wouldn't hurt anyone.

Archived