A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Boy

Colin al'Caar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lots of Green ggls for sure

Its what I do. :)

So whose your fave character in the series?

Hmmm.....I think, among the "main" characters, it would have to be Mat....I know it's pretty easy but I think he gets all the best lines and plot lines. I'm also fond of Juilin Sandar the Thief Catcher and Siuan Sanche.

No love for Lan. *laughs* I'm a big fan of Siuan she seems to get better throughout the books.

Lan is okay...I just prefer characters with more character "flaws" I guess. Lan is too....prototypical for me. I often wish Mat would get off his pitty-pot and quit with the "why me?" crap though. I agree with you with Siuan...that character experiences more ups and downs than anyone besides Morgase Trakand...another favorite of mine. I also have a soft spot for Alanna Mosvani....must be a Green thing ;)

I also have a soft spot for Alanna Mosvani....must be a Green thing

*laughs* You know amusingly enough, she is my fave Green and second fave female character in the series. The first being Aviendha. I think you and I will get a long just fine. *laughs*

Damn....forgot all about Aviendha...she's great. The Two-Rivers gals and Elayne drive me a little nuts, however. I like Gareth Bryne as well.

I HATE Elayne...and Egwane for that matter. Min makes me want to strangle her most of the time. Gareth Bryne is also cool he's married to Suian now if I remember right which makes me go....awwwwwwwww. I'm glad he told off Gawyn at one point because that puppy needed it. Way to full of himself.

Ah well...the crest...it's actually "allegedly" an ancestral family crest going back to Wales. I've no independet corroboration (asided from my family) but I do like it. ABC? Another nickname? What is it with the WT and their preoccupation with nicknames?

Have you ever looked into your genealogy online? It can be great fun. I used to do the research for people when I still worked at the church archives.

And the ABC was just because I couldn't remember which 3 letters you were using and I was in a hurry :P

As far as the CGL...I've received word that I will be able to change that handle once enough admins sign off. However, to put your minds at ease, they are merely my initials.

Great news! Now please pick a handle that's more than 3 characters ... lol

Mine's also my initials. Sorta. They're LG (short for Laura-Gene). I got soooo tired of people either calling me Laura (I absolutely hate that!), or Norma Jean (I'm not flipping dead, thanks you) or not spelling my name right, that I started calling myself by just the initials. Then one day a lady asked me how I spell it. Despite my best efforts to explain to her (over the phone) that it's L.G. ... she eventually offered up "E.L.G.E.E.". I said right let's go with that one.

Ah well...the crest...it's actually "allegedly" an ancestral family crest going back to Wales. I've no independet corroboration (asided from my family) but I do like it. ABC? Another nickname? What is it with the WT and their preoccupation with nicknames?

Have you ever looked into your genealogy online? It can be great fun. I used to do the research for people when I still worked at the church archives.

And the ABC was just because I couldn't remember which 3 letters you were using and I was in a hurry :P

As far as the CGL...I've received word that I will be able to change that handle once enough admins sign off. However, to put your minds at ease, they are merely my initials.

Great news! Now please pick a handle that's more than 3 characters ... lol

Mine's also my initials. Sorta. They're LG (short for Laura-Gene). I got soooo tired of people either calling me Laura (I absolutely hate that!), or Norma Jean (I'm not flipping dead, thanks you) or not spelling my name right, that I started calling myself by just the initials. Then one day a lady asked me how I spell it. Despite my best efforts to explain to her (over the phone) that it's L.G. ... she eventually offered up "E.L.G.E.E.". I said right let's go with that one.

I've never had a desire to look into my geneology that deeply. I had a LDS girlfriend for a time who always wanted to for me...she couldn't understand why it wasn't important to me although I understood why it was important to her.

By the way, my name change went through...I'm wondering if this constitues notification to you..... ;)

I want to know my geneology but mostly because if I can prove I have enough Native American blood in me I can get a lot of help with my schooling. I know its super selfish, but my dad was adopted so we aren't sure and it would be nice to know for sure about all that. On the flip side i'm super lazy and haven't found the energy to actually go digging. Go figure.

What's an LDS girlfriend?

And I shall go change the documents I can, but you might want to send Aiel Heart a PM so she can change the MoN/MaA documents. I'm likely to forget to tell her, due to the decrepitude of advanced age *nods*

I believe Heart is aware, Mother, but thanks for the reminder....I'm a third Welsh, a third Irish and a third Scott....I really should look into my heritage...and while I'm not LDS, I believe they prefer the term LDS rather than "Mormon" although I think even that's changing.

Archived