DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Boy

Colin al'Caar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hehe, no, it was me being lazy and having to go eat right now. Welcome to DM! If you like discussing theories, you can join the general wheel of time discussion. The general discussion board also has mafia games and real life debates. The social groups have games and amazing people, like me :), and the RP boards are great if you like roleplaying. Enjoy DM and you can always ask me any questions.

Thanks! I hope I didn't come off as cranky as it wasn't my intention. Just looking around the site, I already know two things; I chose my handle poorly (I've already requested a name change to the admins) and this site will be a huge time sink (and I'm looking forward to it).

You could always tell us a bit about yourself ... *waves hello again*

Hmm...well Mother, let's see....hate to give everything away at once...what's the fun in that? Live in Boise, ID....bachelor's degree from Boise State where I played American football....veteran of U.S. Coast Guard....life-long fan of fantasy and sci-fi novels and other media...only started WoT about three years ago. Why only three years ago? Because it took me years to get over what I consider to be some of the worst cover art ever conceived for a book.

Anyway, looking forward to getting involved in both the social groups as well as roll-playing...although I'm wondering why there isn't an additional section for individual fan-fiction. (If there is, please call me a knucklehead and point me in the right direction)

Cheers!

Coast Guard, heh? Are you retired now? What did/do you do in the Coast Guard?

Have you checked out The Welcome Inn further down the board? That's where you'll find all the info about RPing. What type of characters are you interested in playing?

By individual fan-fiction, do you mean as in story writing? That's not allowed on here, I believe. RJ hated it, which is why the RPing section here is a PSW (portal stone world), with a slightly different storyline to the books.

Coast Guard, heh? Are you retired now? What did/do you do in the Coast Guard?

Have you checked out The Welcome Inn further down the board? That's where you'll find all the info about RPing. What type of characters are you interested in playing?

By individual fan-fiction, do you mean as in story writing? That's not allowed on here, I believe. RJ hated it, which is why the RPing section here is a PSW (portal stone world), with a slightly different storyline to the books.

Retired? No...I did a 4 year enlistment...stationed in Puerto Rico and Hawaii then returned to school in Boise. I was involved in drug interdiction patrols then was a search and rescue coordinator in Hawaii.

Yes, I have reviewed the section regarding RP and definitely plan on getting involved. I'm unsure as to what kinds of characters to play but I'm sure they'll carry with them plenty of character flaws. I've been involved in RP on fan sites for other works so the rules aren't going to be a problem. The real challenge is the sheer size of the participation....it makes sense to publish biographies before beginning.

I won't be shy about being a bit disappointed regarding the fan-fic issue. I wonder why RJ didn't like it. The PSW concept makes sense and would work just as well with individual efforts. Oh well....I'll make it a special point to nag about it now and then. (no, I'm not the new boy out to change everything)

There's always the Wacky RP Board (it has a real name, I just can't ever remember it. It's either above or below the normal one) - you can write whatever you want there, as long as it's pg13.

Do you mean you want the bio's to be published? Because if so, they are - in the Bio board which is a sub-board of the Welcome Inn.

Also, did you enjoy your enlisted period? Any hair-raising stories you can share? *grins*

Because it took me years to get over what I consider to be some of the worst cover art ever conceived for a book.

I'm right with you there! I hate the cover art for the WoT books, although the art in the Big White Book is equally bad if not worse.

I'm LG's second in command on the RP side of things. So its good to see new faces, even if you don't come by the white tower unless its to be bonded. *ggls and looks at LG* What? I'm a green we think of these things.

BAD Green. Put the boy back. *shakes head*

But but but.....*hangs head* well okay but only because you said so. *takes CGL out of her pocket and dusts him off.* Sorry about that.

CGL what's the crest that you are using for your avatar? I can't really tell because of the small avatar size. *laughs*

It's okay, Mother. This lad can handle himself ;)

....until they start knocking me about with elements, of course.

Oh? Weeeell now that's good to hear. *Straightens ABC's clothes and tidies his hair after Rashi has put him back.*

Oh yeah I'd also like to know what the crest is. And what the CGL stands for.

It's okay, Mother. This lad can handle himself ;)

....until they start knocking me about with elements, of course.

Oh? Weeeell now that's good to hear. *Straightens ABC's clothes and tidies his hair after Rashi has put him back.*

Oh yeah I'd also like to know what the crest is. And what the CGL stands for.

Ah well...the crest...it's actually "allegedly" an ancestral family crest going back to Wales. I've no independet corroboration (asided from my family) but I do like it. ABC? Another nickname? What is it with the WT and their preoccupation with nicknames?

As far as the CGL...I've received word that I will be able to change that handle once enough admins sign off. However, to put your minds at ease, they are merely my initials.

But but but.....*hangs head* well okay but only because you said so. *takes CGL out of her pocket and dusts him off.* Sorry about that.

CGL what's the crest that you are using for your avatar? I can't really tell because of the small avatar size. *laughs*

too bad...I was enjoying your pocket ;)

You may want to check for any missing items, however.

Oh dear you don't wanna say that to a Green. We can have all kinds of fun here. *ggls and eyes LG* Okay okay okay I'll be good. Shesh.

When you join up in the WT come by the Greens we'll make you feel at home. *nods*

Ah well...the crest...it's actually "allegedly" an ancestral family crest going back to Wales

Oh that's very cool!

Oh dear you don't wanna say that to a Green. We can have all kinds of fun here. *ggls and eyes LG* Okay okay okay I'll be good. Shesh.

When you join up in the WT come by the Greens we'll make you feel at home. *nods*

Ah well...the crest...it's actually "allegedly" an ancestral family crest going back to Wales

Oh that's very cool!

Oh, I'm already signed up with the WT/WG....I'm a lowly initiate....for now ;)

Of course you can still come and visit. *winks*

I meant to say previously if LG can't help you with Rp stuffs you can always ask me as well. I've been RPing since I was 18 and i'm 28 now, so I've been at this a long time. :)

Of course you can still come and visit. *winks*

I meant to say previously if LG can't help you with Rp stuffs you can always ask me as well. I've been RPing since I was 18 and i'm 28 now, so I've been at this a long time. :)

Oh, I've already swung through the Green Ajah....

Yeah, I've done a lot of RP elsewhere but in as structured an environment as this...it'll take me a while to learn the rules...you and LG will be the first I ask if I have any questions. Thanks

Bad Rasi!!

You need to watch out for her, she's a bad influence on men.

*oh, hi Rasi, I was just telling him what a sweet, wonderful lady you are...really*

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: Must be gang up on the Green day. *shakes head* *ggls*

Good luck on the RP stuffs. Sounds like you know what your up too. :)

Bad Rasi!!

You need to watch out for her, she's a bad influence on men.

*oh, hi Rasi, I was just telling him what a sweet, wonderful lady you are...really*

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: Must be gang up on the Green day. *shakes head* *ggls*

Good luck on the RP stuffs. Sounds like you know what your up too. :)

Not so sure about that....need to start thinking about characters and bios.

Lots of Green ggls for sure

Archived