DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Recluse series

I am a fan of the series. I like his turn on magic and the way he writes out the series. The plot through all the series seems more about the world itself than your typical antagonist/protagonist. Each book happens in a different time in the world giving you the development of characters in the balance of order & chaos. I really really liked the series and strongly recommend it. Good humor, strong characters. Like I said, I love the "magic" system to. I think you'd enjoy it.

About the balance of Order and Chaos and the people who learn how to manipulate it. Love, Government, conquest, immortality and the abuse fo power. Coming to grips with life and the rules that govern it. Taking what you want and living with consequence.

Indeed! For fantasy books I like creative forms of magic it seems. I like WoT's weaving and alternate parts fo the whole. This one is unique for the balance and how chaos is described. I also like 'The Death Gate' series by Margarette Weis and Tracy Hickman. That's a fun villain turned hero book. Kind of intense. And Peirs Anthony and his Xanth books are really cool to! I heard Brandon Sanderson has a pretty unique magic system too but I don't know anything about it.

"The Death Gate", is that Dragonlance? All I've read of Weiss and Hickman has been Dragonlance. Oh, and if you like creative forms of magic, you should check out Garth Nix' Abhorsen-series. Some of the best use of creative magic system I've seen. Sanderson's own books is on my to-read-list.

Indeed! For fantasy books I like creative forms of magic it seems. I like WoT's weaving and alternate parts fo the whole. This one is unique for the balance and how chaos is described. I also like 'The Death Gate' series by Margarette Weis and Tracy Hickman. That's a fun villain turned hero book. Kind of intense. And Peirs Anthony and his Xanth books are really cool to! I heard Brandon Sanderson has a pretty unique magic system too but I don't know anything about it.

WAY TO RUIN THE DEATH GATE SERIES!

Archived