DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Camylen's waygate

ironisles

Lolz, so I asked Brandon about this... sort of. Rather I asked Brandon if the Forsaken knew the same weave Elza used to break the wardings Cadsuane placed on the Domination Band, and said yes, so I asked him how come they didn't use them on the wardings that protected Callandor and all the other things they wanted that were denied to them by wards, and he replied that they may not have known the weaves then, and that the Shadow has been doing just as much innovating with the Power recently as the Light.

So. Weaves that break wards, recently discovered, seems the likely answer here.

I think it will be something seen in the prologue of aMoL. I don't really know what would be cool here. The Forsaken with some neat weave like Luckers suggests, or someone just blasting the crap out of the Waygate.

Maybe a a worm has evolved to Jumara (at level 26 or something) and is capable of doing a number on a Waygate.

Or Shaidar Haran, seems like something he would enjoy doing. And he has a reputation for messing with the OP.

IIRC the Shadar Logoth ward was uniquely nasty in that it targeted shadowspawn only and with a delayed effect?

In that case, the Caemlyn wards would be closer to normal. One possibility is triggers that immediately warned people in the city - that would not be so effective against a mass assault- the defenders could be overwhyelmed.

Or they may be "kill anything that steps over this line" wards -

Or they may be Rhuidean style

Rand wasn't very experienced when he wove them - a FS or experienced AS may know how to step past them.

Incidentally in this context, it occurred to me that the AS testing actually demonstrates that they know an entire range of weaves which they may not use normally but might be useful in specific situations

well Cadsuanes wards that were worked through would not have been inverted so theyw ere visible to Elsa to work through if they were inverted it would have been much more difficult, Rand originally had his calandor ward l;ike that and so a male forsaken would be able to see it, but he later inverted it, and inverted ward is very dangerous because to find it you have to feel it out witht he power and the calandor one was designed to react to that so its basically impossible to get through unless you already knew exactly what it was to counter it.

Archived