DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Does the WT know about the TP?

bbarrett90

Something i was just wondering about. Does the WT, or even any of the AS in the WT, know about the TP? I have suspicions that Cadsuane might know a little bit about it, but do other AS of this age remember what the Bore was actually drilled for? My assumption is that the only people who know about it are the forsaken and Rand. I think this is something Rand should definitely be filling the world in on, as it will be a major factor in the LB. If the AS and Asha'man go into the LB thinking it will be fought with the OP only, they'll definitely be in for a big surprise.

Something i was just wondering about. Does the WT, or even any of the AS in the WT, know about the TP? I have suspicions that Cadsuane might know a little bit about it, but do other AS of this age remember what the Bore was actually drilled for?

Not so sure about Cads, although I guess the quote below could be read a few ways...

ToM Ch. 51

"Inside the Guardian?" Tenobia sniffed disdainfully.

"The Guardian blocks the One Power," Rand whispered. "The One Power only."

What does he mean by that? Cadsuane thought, frowning.

Pretty sure they don't know.

I'm in TDR in my reread the current AS don't seem to be all that "intelligent" so i doubt they know about the TP, they don't know about travelling or T'A'R...or what their ter'angreal do, or how to slice weaves, etc, etc.

I figured most people would agree that the majority of the WT doesnt know anything about the TP. And that quote you posted makes me think that Cadsuane is beginning to suspect something, but doesnt know that it's the TP. It seems like there's probably not much evidence to go on from the books to determine whether or not anyone else knows about it. Maybe Moiraine has some idea, something she read in a book hunting for the DR. There's probably a good chance that Verin knew something about it, being associated with the BA. But I guess it's safe to say that beyond these few exceptions, the TP is unknown to the world just like it was in the AoL before the opening of the bore.

And to refute what i said about Rand telling the world about it, maybe he shouldnt. If he did, there could be people in the forces of the Light that would choose to seek out the TP, and chances are, the DO would grant them access if it could help turn the tide of the battle in his favor.

perhaps that philosopher, i can remember the name but he was the one who wrote Min was too distracting, we was dead. he seemed to know much about the bore and the AoL. this is just speculation. ( i hope his murder is explained in MoL)

Herid Fel was killed by the Gholam(sent by Sammael I believe) because he was puzzling ways to fix the the seal on the DOs prison. Just as he was reaching a possible conclusion "Belief and order give strength. Have to clear rubble before you can build. Will explain when see you next. Do not bring girl. Too pretty." he was killed by the Shadow. Min has his old books and Rand is looking to her to give him the answer.

How would the shadow have known about Herid Fel and the conversations he and Rand were having? Rand had an interest in speaking with and looking at all the inventions/topics the Scholars and inventors in his Academies came up with no matter how odd they were. I think that as many times as we've seen Min pondering the "too pretty" part of the man's note (if Herid even sent it) it's one of those boldly obvious things like Mat's Ashanderi that's a future facepalm for us not linking the significance before we get the last hint or the explanation. Why would one of the Forsaken send their most deadly killer after an old Scholar? Unless Herid was asking too many questions to the wrong people, but we've not seen hint of that, only that he discovered something in his books.

How would the shadow have known about Herid Fel and the conversations he and Rand were having?

Possibly eavesdropping with inverted weaves.

Why would one of the Forsaken send their most deadly killer after an old Scholar? Unless Herid was asking too many questions to the wrong people, but we've not seen hint of that, only that he discovered something in his books.

Dom from Wotmania/rafo/13thD theorized that Sammael had him killed thinking that he was Asmodean in disguise.

I guess as to the TP and the Aes Sedai, the White Tower might know about it, but as to sisters, maybe the Browns or the Greens, whoever is old enough to have a more proper formal education compared to the newer Aes Sedai who are all into their own self importance and trying to master emotion with epic fails...Vandene and Adeleas both had notes in their private library on Balefire, enough that Moiraine was able to puzzle out the weave or the Browns or Greens knew this as one of their Secret Ajah weaves and taught it to her, though I'm thinking records as it's so forbidden a weave, worse than Compulsion probably. My money is on those surviving Aes Sedai referenced to still be in retirement that are alive or some of the Brown sisters who should have hints enough to know where to look in the Tower Library. I don't think it is but an afterthought compared to the importance of the Dragon and Prophecy and the memory of entire cities being Balefired by both sides. Maybe Siuan and the 13th Depository. But then who really knows since only Forsaken people have ever been granted the gift of tapping into the TP. It might have been assumed to be the opposite power of any Saidin/Saidar wielder given the abilities back then to invert weaves and mask abilities.

How would the shadow have known about Herid Fel and the conversations he and Rand were having?

Possibly eavesdropping with inverted weaves.

Why would one of the Forsaken send their most deadly killer after an old Scholar? Unless Herid was asking too many questions to the wrong people, but we've not seen hint of that, only that he discovered something in his books.

Dom from Wotmania/rafo/13thD theorized that Sammael had him killed thinking that he was Asmodean in disguise.

Wow, Dom might be correct as that actually would fit, sending a Channeler-killer, if one could ignore the glaring difference in mannerisms, clothing, living the poorer life of a simple philosopher compared to Natael the self-important Gleeman. Though hiding from the Forsaken and the DO might relegate such a sacrifice on his part of his comforts. Nice, and thanks!

Archived