DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A slightly wacky theory on the Prophecy of the Dragon

Raven322

His blood shall spill on the rocks of Shayol Ghul.

Could this line not be referring to Rand al'Thor himself at all but his children.

Could Elayne go into labour during the final battle and give birth to Rand's children there?

Ok I admit this theory is out there. But I guess one way to tell is to look at Elayne's pregnancy. How far along are we and how close are we getting to her being due?

I'm new, be gentle :smile:

I too have toyed around with that idea in my head. I mean blood doesn't necessarily need to mean literal blood. Could be family, could be the Aiel, could be his children. We don't get to hear too much about Rand's children from Elayne in the ter'angreal Avi went through, so perhaps they are born there, or maybe even one could die there. A grim thought but not entirely beyond possible if you ask me.

Not likely, for several reasons.

1. Elayne is not far enough along.

2. What purpose would it serve for her to have her babies at Shayol Ghul? How could that possibly be done safely?

3. It's a very weak interpretation, since the only blood likely to be spilled in childbirth would be Elayne's, not Rand's.

I've had this thought that the "blood" refers to rand's ability to channel. To live he must die i think means that the part of him which can channel needs to die. I think that callandor is involved with his severing in some way, the "flaw". I tend to reference the scene when Rand meets with the borderlanders, and they say they were supposed to bring his end swiftly, if insane, so that the shadow is not able to consume the light. Also, it would then make sense that at some point in the cycle of the wheel the Champion of the Light somehow regains the ability to channel.

Also, this is why he get's three good lookin girls at his side, so that they can keep him from wanting to die after he's severed and the DO's gone. :biggrin:

A more productive action would've been to hit the report button, but thanks nonetheless.

dazparra, we don't call each other names around here. If there's anything specific in the books that contradicts this particular theory, go ahead and mention it. That's what these boards are for.

On point, I said this before, but here goes. Rand's been walking around with a hole pretty much open in his side ever since TGH. It reopens whenever he exerts himself, which there's a pretty big chance he'd have to do during the Last Battle. Hence, it's pretty much a given that he'll bleed on the rocks of SG. Now, the prophecy could be referring to something else altogether, but do we really need to look that far?

To be fair, it's so obvious that it has to be a red herring in one way or another. I think it likely he'll personally shed blood on the rocks, but I think he will die and be resurrected before then. Other possibilities that are more likely than Elayne's childbirth are Galad and the Aiel. I gathered together all the relevant prophecies here, along with my arguments.

I've had this thought that the "blood" refers to rand's ability to channel. To live he must die i think means that the part of him which can channel needs to die. I think that callandor is involved with his severing in some way, the "flaw". I tend to reference the scene when Rand meets with the borderlanders, and they say they were supposed to bring his end swiftly, if insane, so that the shadow is not able to consume the light. Also, it would then make sense that at some point in the cycle of the wheel the Champion of the Light somehow regains the ability to channel.

Also, this is why he get's three good lookin girls at his side, so that they can keep him from wanting to die after he's severed and the DO's gone. :biggrin:

I'm not quite sure how you would get ability to channel from his blood. Care to elaborate?

Well, it comes from the VoG chapter title. What else could VoG mean than his blood being infused with the light? that's what Nyn sees when she tries to delve Rand, she sees the light holding back the shadow. The power is part of rand now, so to live, part of him, the light, must die; in order to seal away the DO.

That Shadar Logoth Knife wound and the wound in Rand's side have only been sealed away from each other for a time. That's one thing going to be resolved when they create a gaping hole/explode or implode, however the cleansing of the taint created the hole where Shadar Logoth used to be. Add in the evil at Shayol Ghul and it's bound to crop up.

To be fair, it's so obvious that it has to be a red herring in one way or another. I think it likely he'll personally shed blood on the rocks, but I think he will die and be resurrected before then. Other possibilities that are more likely than Elayne's childbirth are Galad and the Aiel. I gathered together all the relevant prophecies here, along with my arguments.

Oh wow. I just read through that reference guide, and may I say, my hat is off to you. Some amazing thought and research there. Amazing work :biggrin:

Terez's theory library is literally too well stocked. Terez, I can't tell you how much I've tripped over myself when writing my blog to avoid pretty much copying your theories note for note.

H8u

and

STOP WRITING THEORIES!!! I can't compete with you, I'm still on my second reread! Enough putting me to shame!

Therez that was brilliant! Although on one side Im completly mad at you, because I don't really want to know just yet, hehe. But I think you have found the solution brilliantly there, I have never sen the TAR-theory before, but it's brilliant and I can see that happen.

To be fair, it's so obvious that it has to be a red herring in one way or another.

Yes, I was going to say, unless he's not wearing his old body anymore. Don't know why I didn't; you know I'm partial to your Nynaeve theory.

I didn't see that you redid the interview database. It looks very good, but tell me: is there an advanced search function? Can I look for things added (or said) in some given period of time?

On an unrelated topic, I was both wrong and right. A Lily in Winter is an Elayne PoV, but it was Aviendha who first referred to his feelings in this way:

"He is the Car'a'carn," Aviendha said, laughing, "as strong as the Three-fold Land itself!" Her face was proud—oh, so proud— but even as she laughed, tears streamed down her sun-dark cheeks. "The veins of gold. Oh, the veins of gold. You do love me, Rand."

Elayne simply stared at him, felt him in her head. The pain of wounds and hurts he really had forgotten. The tension and disbelief; the wonder. His emotions were too rigid, though, like a knot of hardened pine sap, almost stone. Yet laced through them, golden veins pulsed and glowed whenever he looked at Min, or Aviendha. Or her.

I didn't see that you redid the interview database. It looks very good, but tell me: is there an advanced search function? Can I look for things added (or said) in some given period of time?

The only advanced search options we have at the moment are "searching a string" and multiple terms being read as AND terms. We're working on more options that will be added as time goes on, but date range is not one we've considered. Probably because most searches will give so few results that it won't be difficult to find what you're looking for by scrolling. Matt keeps talking about paginating the results, and I really hope he doesn't. I hate paginating. I'd like the ability to sort results chronologically or reverse-chronologically - that's in the works - and to search by Questioner or Answerer.

Terez's theory library is literally too well stocked. Terez, I can't tell you how much I've tripped over myself when writing my blog to avoid pretty much copying your theories note for note.

H8u

and

STOP WRITING THEORIES!!! I can't compete with you, I'm still on my second reread! Enough putting me to shame!

LOL. I had no idea you hated me! At least it's for a flattering reason. :myrddraal: I should still thank you for giving me the idea for my twice dawns the day theory.

Therez that was brilliant! Although on one side Im completly mad at you, because I don't really want to know just yet, hehe. But I think you have found the solution brilliantly there, I have never sen the TAR-theory before, but it's brilliant and I can see that happen.

Yeah, a lot of people say my theories should come with spoiler warnings, lol. I think that most of them are probably only half-right, though. Except ones like the Sorilea theory, which doesn't really have room to be half-right. It's got to be right or wrong.

Thanks guys. The three of you made my day. Go :nynaeve:!

I meant, what if I wanted to know (as I do) what's new from the last time I've checked, across the board? Why, a date range's just the thing.

Well, you can always check the interview list to see what's new because it's reverse-chronological. And you can check the bottom of the Twitter and Reddit pages too. That should cover anything that would be covered by a date range, but sometimes we find old stuff.

Here's my big maybe for the situation, I kinda see it the way others have stated that its too obvious to be taken at face value. There is always a twist it seems with prophecy. The twist I forsee is that it won't be Rand's personal blood but the blood of his children, but not his children with Elayne but with Avi. The way I see it, Avi is big on ji'e'toh (obviously as an Aiel) and after her trip thru the glass columns in Rhuidean, she sees that her lineage will be the doom of the Aiel. She is still in the waste right now in the book's timeline (correct me if I'm wrong) and will probably miss the meeting at the FoM. She gets there late, sees that she did not have time to convince Rand to do something with the Aiel to correct her visions and thru the magic of baby-making music (I imagine it would be off of Thom Merillin's greatest baby-making hits record), she gets pregnant. Since she can't fix her problem via diplomacy, she realizes that the way to meet her toh to the Aiel is to commit suicide and kill her and the babies thus ending the future she saw in the columns. This would have to happen at Shayogul obviously, and i cant forsee how she gets there (maybe as a guard for Rand while he is doing what he has to do with the DO). Then you have Rand's blood on the rocks and the Aiel future taken care of (at least in the mind of Avi), closing two plot lines with 5 deaths (Avi + her babies).

Archived