DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's your hobby?

U4ea

I read books, watch movies, knit, do stuff with friends, and do stuff on the computer :P

I kinda avoided movies for a while but am back watching them. I love to read and do stuff on the computer too.

• 2 weeks later...

I love to create anything! My favorite crafts are Quilling, Crocheting, Sewing, Oil Painting, Card Making and Cross Stiching. I don't cross stitch much anymore because of my eyes. Pretty much anything that captures my imagination I'll try. I've also worked with leather, wood, twine, clay pots, flowers, frosting, sequins, styrofoam, beading, jewelry making and glass. The only thing I have not done anything with is metal. *grins* That's Bill's area of expertise and cars!

I don't actively collect anything, but somehow have acquired a couple of collections! They are Nativities, Unique Crosses, Cards, (athough i do send them to people)) Black lab cards and figurines and a few, very specific kinds of Barbie.

I am an avid reader! My Bill gave me a Nook Color for Christmas, which I am still learning how to use! I've read three books on it already, and can do FB on the tablet part, but really don't know yet what I am doing. B&N has a one night class of instruction I will be attending...hope it helps!

I also really enjoy doing research, study and learning. For the past several years I have chosen one topic to study and learn about during the year. For 2012, my topic is Wicca/Wiccan. If anyone has suggetions for books or websites to check out, or information to share I would appreciate your input! LOL Perhaps I'll have a paper written by Halloween, and I can post it and teach it as a topic for Kin University!

• 1 month later...

I collect antique cameras and I've used most of the cameras I own. My favorite is a medium format camera which uses 4x5 plate film. I took a class for it a few years ago and I haven't used 35mm very much since. When I have lab-space and gobs of free time and lots of money, I develop my own material. Lab time is a very serene activity for me and I like the ability to focus on a task. I write poetry, though not as frequently as I used to. I'm trying to write a poem now but it's a much larger task than I expected. You can read my last poem here and this is my deviantart gallery.

I used to play a lot of roleplaying games but I haven't gamed in years and I have no real desire to pick up the hobby again. I still have all my books and crap and entire jars full of dice. I stopped playing video games after asking myself whether this was a constructive use of my time. The answer was no and I sold everything. I keep a few games on my computer but I don't really count as a gamer anymore. I don't regret this decision.

I'm also in the SCA and I'm learning to fight. I'm not the best fighter at practice but I enjoy it and I know my limits. This also branched off into a number of other pursuits, namely, throwing tomahawks. You might not believe it but throwing axes at stuff is extremely cathartic.

I studied philosophy in college and I still study off and on. I guess I went into it wanting clarity and order in my life and it's challenging at times but the alternative was undesirable. Calling the study of philosophy a hobby is probably the worst word to use here to let me call it a pursuit instead. I also spend a lot of time studying religion, partly to reconcile things with my family's belief system and partly to clear out the clutter upstairs.

I don't hike as often as I used to but I want to start up again over the summer. I usually try to find a few Geocaches through-out each month but I've been slacking on this as well. I used to do long distance cycling but, again, I am lazy and detestable. I usually bring a camera on my excursions and, if I'm feeling really adventurous, I'll bring a friend.

Crafty-things? Knitting and sewing - I give hats as random gifts and I enjoy making hats for the kids at the school I work in. Except for drawing vulgar stick figures, I have no talent for drawing or painting. I dabble with carpentry when it's warm and most projects end in a hilarious disaster but I have enough successes to stay involved.

Hmm. I just realized I have fighter's practice in a half hour. I should get in my car and go.

I collect antique cameras and I've used most of the cameras I own. My favorite is a medium format camera which uses 4x5 plate film. I took a class for it a few years ago and I haven't used 35mm very much since. When I have lab-space and gobs of free time and lots of money, I develop my own material. Lab time is a very serene activity for me and I like the ability to focus on a task. I write poetry, though not as frequently as I used to. I'm trying to write a poem now but it's a much larger task than I expected. You can read my last poem here and this is my deviantart gallery.

I used to play a lot of roleplaying games but I haven't gamed in years and I have no real desire to pick up the hobby again. I still have all my books and crap and entire jars full of dice. I stopped playing video games after asking myself whether this was a constructive use of my time. The answer was no and I sold everything. I keep a few games on my computer but I don't really count as a gamer anymore. I don't regret this decision.

I'm also in the SCA and I'm learning to fight. I'm not the best fighter at practice but I enjoy it and I know my limits. This also branched off into a number of other pursuits, namely, throwing tomahawks. You might not believe it but throwing axes at stuff is extremely cathartic.

I studied philosophy in college and I still study off and on. I guess I went into it wanting clarity and order in my life and it's challenging at times but the alternative was undesirable. Calling the study of philosophy a hobby is probably the worst word to use here to let me call it a pursuit instead. I also spend a lot of time studying religion, partly to reconcile things with my family's belief system and partly to clear out the clutter upstairs.

I don't hike as often as I used to but I want to start up again over the summer. I usually try to find a few Geocaches through-out each month but I've been slacking on this as well. I used to do long distance cycling but, again, I am lazy and detestable. I usually bring a camera on my excursions and, if I'm feeling really adventurous, I'll bring a friend.

Crafty-things? Knitting and sewing - I give hats as random gifts and I enjoy making hats for the kids at the school I work in. Except for drawing vulgar stick figures, I have no talent for drawing or painting. I dabble with carpentry when it's warm and most projects end in a hilarious disaster but I have enough successes to stay involved.

Hmm. I just realized I have fighter's practice in a half hour. I should get in my car and go.

Wow! I too love studying world religions. I'd like to study the Druze and read the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

Wow! You're busy!

My warder is in the SCA, too. How was practice?

Practice was pretty low key yesterday. We're a small Shire so there are usually five to eight people at practice each week. We have a lot of new kids who are interested but I don't know how long they'll stay interested so I helped them get into armor and tried to get some People Skills practice instead

Wow! I too love studying world religions. I'd like to study the Druze and read the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

I should read the TBoftD someday. I always see a few different translations in the used bookshops in town but I never plink down the money for a copy. Someday!

Archived