DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Princess Bride

Aiel Heart

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then Buttercup tells Humperdinck that she's always loved Wesley and she always will, and that if she must marry Humperdinck she will be dead by the morning. Humperdinck says he could never cause her grief and their wedding is off.

He asks he if she's sure Wesley would still want her. She says her Wesley would always come for her

He then goes on to say that they can send four copies of a letter on his four fastest ships (one in each direction) to see if they can find Wesley on his ship.

And he also asks her to consider him as an alternative to suicide

Then Humperdinck and the Count are walking through the woods, and the Prince reveals that it was he who hired Vizzini to kill Buttercup, and that he is planning on killing her on their wedding night now.

The Count then says that he's going to start Wesley on the machine today, but unfortunately Humperdinck is too swamped to be able to watch

Humperdinck is in his office, and talks to Yellin, his Chief Enforcer, and says that the thieves' forest must be emptied because soldiers of Guilder are infiltrating it.

Yellin says he will form a brute squad and it will be done.

The day of the wedding arrives, and we see soldiers chasing other men around. One soldier tells Yellin that there's a Spaniard giving the men some trouble.

We see a very drunk Inigo saying that he's back at the beginning, waiting for Vizzini

The soldier trying to control him calls a brute over.

Inigo Montoya: - I - am - waiting - for - Vizzini...

Fezzik: You surely are a meanie.

Fezzik: [inigo looks at him] Hello.

Inigo Montoya: It's you.

Fezzik: True!

Fezzik takes care of Inigo (who passed out right after the last quote) and tells him of the six fingered Count, but says that the castle is guarded by 30 men.

Inigo realizes that he and Fezzik can't take on that many, and with Vizzini dead, they need the Man in Black to plan how to get them in for Inigo's revenge

Inigo Montoya: Let's go.

Fezzik: Where?

Inigo Montoya: Find the man in black obviously.

Fezzik: But don't you know where he is.

Inigo Montoya: Don't bother me with trifles. After 20 years, at last my father's soul will be at peace. There will be blood tonight!

Yellin tells Humperdinck that the thieves' forest is empty, and that 30 men guard the gate. The Prince says to double it. Yellin says that he has the one gate key.

Then Buttercup enters, and Humperdinck says that they wed that night, and the next day his entire armada will accompany them on their honeymoon. Buttercup says all but the four tastes, and he just has this blank stare. She realizes that he never sent the ships, but says that Wesley will come for her anyway.

Humperdink: You're a silly girl

Buttercup: Yes, I am a silly girl. For not having seen sooner that you are nothing but a coward with a heart full of fear.

Humperdink: [speaking very curtly] I would not say such things if I were you.

Buttercup: Why not? You can't harm me. Westley and I are joined by the bonds of true love. And you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds. And you cannot break that, not with a thousand swords. And when I say that you are a coward it is only because you are the slimiest weakling ever to crawl the earth.

Humperdink: [raging] I would not say such things if I were you!

He then drags her down the hall and locks her in her room

He then is in the Pit of Despair, where the Count is with the Albino. Wesley is hooked up to the machine.

Prince Humperdinck: You truly love each other and so you might have been truly happy. Not one couple in a century has that chance, no matter what the story books say. And so I think no man in a century will suffer as greatly as you will.

He then puts the machine all of the way up to 50, and a scream echoes through all of the countywide. We see random people looking around wondering what that is, as well as Buttercup

Inigo Montoya: Do you hear that, Fezzik? That is the sound of ultimate suffering. My heart made that sound when the six-fingered man killed my father. The Man in Black makes it now.

He then tries to get through the crowd of people they are in

Inigo Montoya: Excuse me... Pardon me, Please it's important... Fezzik, please?

Fezzik: EVERYBODY MOVE!

[everybody clears a path]

Inigo Montoya: Thank you.

They find the Albino pushing a wheelbarrow near the tree which is the entrance to the pit (earlier we saw that there's a secret knot that opens the door--might go back and edit that in...)

Inigo holds his sword up to the Albino's throat

Inigo Montoya: Where is the Man in Black?

[the Albino doesn't answer]

Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, jog his memory.

Fezzik: [Fezzik strikes the Albino so hard it knocks him out] Sorry, Inigo. I didn't mean to jog him so hard.

Inigo is down on one knee in the middle of the clearing, sun shining down on him, his sword held in front of him

Inigo:Father, I have failed you for twenty years. Now our misery can end. Somewhere, somewhere close by is a man who can help us. I can not find him alone. I need you. I need you to guide my sword, please. Guide my sword.

He closes his eyes and stands, takes a few steps, heroic music plays, and the sword sticks into the tree where the secret entrance is. He sighs and leans against the tree, and happens to hit the secret knot.

They go down, find Wesley dead.

In here the grandkid gets vert upset about Westley being dead and demands to know who kills Humperdinck. Then the grandfather says he lives and the kid gets more upset, and then the grandpa says he'll leave and this grandson basically begs him to stay.

Then Inigo asks how much money Fezzik has, hoping it is enough to "buy a miracle"

Inigo and Fezzik drag Westley to the wall, see that there is definitely more than 30 men in the courtyard, and give Wesley the pill. He wakes up almost immediately. They explain the situation, and he tries to plan. It's rather funny because he says he wishes they have a wheelbarrow and a cloak and they say, "oh yeah we have one of those." See the script for more details.

So they go off....

I'm tempted to just quote that entire section.... it's funny.....

Inigo, Fezzik and a barely walking Westley (the script has the T btw) are wandering the hallways and encounters the Count and two guards, Inigo kills the two guards and Rugen runs. Inigo chases him but he locks a door behind him. Fezzik ends up leaving Westley propped up on a suit of armor while he leaves to help Inigo break the door down

After Fezzik breaks down the door, we cut to Buttercup. Buttercup tells the King (whose mind is mostly gone at this point) that she's going to kill herself as soon as she gets to her rooms)

Inigo's chase continues, Fezzik returns to where he left Westley and he isn't there. Back to the chase: Rugen pauses to pull out a knife, then leads Inigo into a room, and turns and throws it into Inigo's belly.

Inigo: [falling to his knees] Sorry father, I tried.

Count Rugen: You must be that little Spanish brat I taught a lesson to allthose years ago. Simply incredible. You've been tracing me your wholelife, only to fail now? I think that's the worst thing I ever heard. How marvelous.

Meanwhile, Buttercup is in the honeymoon sweet preparing to kill herself. This is interrupted by Westley, who was laying on her bed without her seeing him.

But we don't care about romance at this moment, so back to the fight :P

Ok, actually... There is a video for this but.... PG13 and all. I can post it if someone high up says it's ok but I really don't feel like being yelled at right now so I'm being careful :P I'll just quote the online script instead

[The scene is back to Inigo and Count Rugen]

[inigo pulls the dagger from his stomach and tries to stand.]

Count Rugen: Good heavens...are you still trying to win? You've got an over developed sense of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble someday. [Rugen tries to slash Inigo through the heart, but Inigo blocks the attack. Rugen olny stabs his arms.]

Inigo: Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You Killed my father. Prepare to die[inigo still stumbles and holds his stomach. The Count and Inigo exchange attacks.] Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You Killed my father. Prepare to die. [inigo gains strength. He fiercely lunges at Count Rugen. Yelling] Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya! You Killed myfather! Prepare to die!

Count Rugen: [frightened and angry] Stop saying that! [inigo nips Rugen]

Inigo: [enraged] Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya! You Killed my father! Prepare to die! [inigo corners Count Rugen and slashes his cheek] Offer me money! [He slashes his other cheek]

Count Rugen: All that I have and more. Please...

Inigo: Offer me anything I ask for.

Count Rugen: Anything you want... [Count Rugen tries a quick move on Inigo]

Inigo: [plunging his sword into Rugen's chest] I want my father back, you son

of a goat! [Count Rugen falls to the floor, dead.]

Yes I edited that :P

Archived