DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Princess Bride

Aiel Heart

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inigo Montoya: I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?

Man in Black: Do you always begin conversations this way?

Inigo reveals that a six fingered man had killed his father. He requested a sword to be made, and demanded the sword to be given to him at 1/10 of the promised price. His father refused to give it to him and the man killed him.

Inigo then dedicated his life to the study of fencing, so that one day he could find the man, walk up to him and say "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Man in Black: [intrigued] You've done nothing but study sword-play?

Inigo Montoya: More pursue than study lately. You see, I cannot find him... it's been twenty years now and I'm starting to lose confidence. I just work for Vizzini to pay the bills. There's not a lot of money in revenge.

[after a moments silence, the Man in black stands up and prepares to battle]

Man in Black: Well I certainly hope you find him someday.

Inigo Montoya: You are ready then?

Man in Black: Whether I am or not, you've been more than fair.

Inigo Montoya: [drawing his sword] You seem a decent fellow... I hate to kill you.

Man in Black: You seem a decent fellow... I hate to die.

Inigo Montoya: [confidently] Begin.

They start to fight, both of them with their swords in their left hands. Inigo had stated earlier to Vizzini that he'd have to fight the man left handed, because it just wouldn't be fair if he used his right.

The Man in Black comes over a ridge, and sees Vizzini sitting with a knife at Buttercups throat.

He says that the Man in Black is trying to kidnap what he has rightfully stolen

Buttercup: And to think, all that time it was your cup that was poisoned.

Man in Black: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

(grr the movie cut off just too soon)

The Man in Black then starts dragging Buttercup off.

Cut to Humperdinck who is at the Fezzik fight location. He says that someone has beaten a giant, and that there'll be great suffering in Guilder if she dies.

The Man in Black seems to have contempt for women, saying their word means nothing and pushing Buttercup around.

She says that the Prince will save her,

Man in Black: Do you think your dearest love will save you

Buttercup: I didn't say he was my dearest love. And yes, he will save me, that I know.

Man in Black: You admit you do not love your fiancé

Buttercup: He knows I do not love him

Man in Black: Are not capable of love is what you mean

Buttercup: I have loved more deeply than a killer like yourself can ever dream.

[Man in Black raises his hand]

Man in Black: That was a warning, Highness. The next time my hand flies, where I come from there are penalties when a woman lies

The Prince is next toe Vizzini's corpse, sniffing at the tube the poison was in. He announces that he'd bet his life in it being iocane. Then he notices her footprints.

Prince Humperdinck: She is alive, or was an hour ago. If she is otherwise when I find her I shall be very put out.

The Man in Black sorta drops Buttercup onto a rock, telling her to rest.

Buttercup: I know who you are. Your cruelty reveals everything. You're the Dread Pirate Roberts, admit it.

Man in Black: [bows] With pride. What can I do for you?

Buttercup: You can die slowly, cut into a thousand pieces.

Man in Black: Tsk, tsk. That's hardly complementary Highness. Why loose your venom on me?

Buttercup: You killed my love.

Man in Black: It's possible. I kill a lot of people.

Buttercup then describes Westley, "with eyes like the sea after a storm" and then started yelling at the Man in Black that he never takes prisoners. He says he can't because if word gets out then it's nothing but "work work work all the time"

Buttercup: You mock my pain.

Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

then he says he thinks he remembers Westley. He had said "Please, please I need to live" and he had talked of a woman of beauty and faithfulness. Then he says that she's lucky that he'd killed Wesley before he found out what she really was, and asked how long she'd waited after his death before running off to the Prince.

She exclaims that she'd died that day

Buttercup: And you can die too for all I care [Pushes the Man in Black off of the ledge and down the hill]

Man in Black: Aaaaas...... yoooou....... wiiiiiish

Buttercup: Oh my sweet Westley, what have I done? [throws herself off of the ledge after him]

Finally they both stop tumbling in a little ravine sort of place.

Westley: I told you I would always come for you. Why didn't you wait for me?

Buttercup: Well... you were dead.

Westley: Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.

Buttercup: I will never doubt again.

Westley: There will never be a need.

They kiss, the kid complains, the Grandfather says that one day he may not mind so much. Then the kid says to get on to the fire swamp; that sounded good

Westley (a note on the spelling of his name: the back of my movie casesays Wesley, but I believe it has the "t" in the book and it also does on most sites about the movie also include the T. Don't ask me which is right; I'm not entirely sure. I'm probably going to just stick with Wesley because autocorrect likes it better ;P anyways, Wesley...) leads Buttercup into the fire swamp right as the Prince and his men reach where they had been at the top of the hill.

Buttercup: We'll never survive.

Westley: Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has.

They enter the fire swamp

Westley: [looking around] It's not that bad.

[buttercup stares unbelievingly at him]

Westley: Well, I'm not saying I'd like to build a summer home here, but the trees are actually quite lovely.

Wesley then reveals how he lived. He'd actually said the "please" and the Dread Pirate Roberts took him on. Each night he said "Good work, sleep well, I'll most likely kill you in the morning." Wesley learned to fight, and became friends with Roberts. Then one day he took Wesley into his cabin, revealed that he wanted to retire, and was actually the third Dread Pirate Roberts, with the name having been passed on as each previous one had wanted to retire. Wesley says he will do that now that he and Buttercup are together again

Buttercup nods at hearing this, turns, steps on a round circle of sand, and promptly falls through. Wesley grabs a vine then dives in after herWe see a giant rat wander by while they're under. Then Wesley pulls them out and they both sit and breathe deeply for a minute.

Buttercup: We'll never succeed. We may as well die here.

Westley: No, no. We have already succeeded. I mean, what are the three terrors of the Fire Swamp? One, the flame spurt - no problem. There's a popping sound preceding each; we can avoid that. Two, the lightning sand, which you were clever enough to discover what that looks like, so in the future we can avoid that too.

Buttercup: Westley, what about the R.O.U.S.'s?

Westley: Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

[immediately, an R.O.U.S. attacks him]

There's this nice little fight that I really don't feel like describing, but Buttercup is pretty useless in it and Wesley kills them

Count Rugen: Come sir. We must get you to your ship

Wesley: We are men of action, lies to not become us

Count Rugan: Well spoken sure

[Wesley notices the Count's right hand, which has 6 fingers on it]

Count Rugan: What is it?

Wesley: You have six fingers on your right hand. Someone was looking for you

[Count knocks Wesley out]

Wesley wakes up to an albino cleaning his shoulder, which had gotten bitten by an ROUS.

The Albino says he's in the Pit of Despair, and that only he, the Count, and the Prince know the way out, and that he was in there until he was killed, and that no one could live through the machine.

Archived