Welcome Piotrek to the BT!!!

Mrs. Cindy Gill

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PiotrekS

*notes to herself - keys in the pocket or desk drawer*

Welcome again! :baalzamon:

I have to go to Poland some day. I have heard that Krakow is a beautiful city.

Bummer! I've told you about the keys! And you know the city I live in and will be able to track me by Taint residue!

I have to get rid of my sweet naivete or else I'll wake up in the middle of the night with not even clothes on myself.

Wait, that's actually not that bad... So ok, the flat number is 10 :baalzamon:

Krakow is a beautiful city with fantastic and unique atmosphere and definitely worth visiting, especially in the spring. There is something for everyone here - history, culture, thriving student commnity with a lot of crazy people,arts, religion, fantastic old Jewishh quarter, incredibly vibrant nightlife in hundreds or thousands nighclubs, pubs etc.And the historical sites are not lifeless museums, but very much alive and integrated into the city life. The surroundings of the city are also beautiful - on good days you can see the mountains from Krakow. Summer is also very nice, but there are hordes of tourists. In winter, it is best around Christmas season.

It is in fact the only big historical city in Poland that survived the ww2 without major damage.Warsaw, for instance, had to be rebuilt practically from scratch and that's why it look nothing like it used to look before the war.

You're defintely invited, so if you need any help you can count on me. :smile:

edit: There is a Ryanair connection from Stockholm straight to Krakow. :smile:

i have not heard good things about the cars though.

What did you hear Cindy? That cars get stolen or that traveling by car is difficult because of bad roads and jams? Or something else? The later is definitely true, I don't really know about the former. Probably it is a problem but not a huge one.

Another problem is pollution and that is bloody huge.

Hello Mirdraal:)

Guest PiotrekS

I don't think so - we don't really make our own cars, so there are mainly those made in Germany, France, Italy or Asia on the roads. We have factories, but they are owned by large foreign companies, like Fiat or General Motors. Cars are perfectly normal, the same as elsewhere in Europe :smile:

Guest PiotrekS

are those the cardboard ones?

I don't know really, but probably not.

Is it possible you might be thinking about this one?

It reads there that they were inaccurately said to have cardboard bodies. Now I think the cars in Central Europe, be it Poland or Czech Republic, are the same as elsewhere in Western Europe.

Bummer! I've told you about the keys! And you know the city I live in and will be able to track me by Taint residue!

I have to get rid of my sweet naivete or else I'll wake up in the middle of the night with not even clothes on myself.

Krakow is a beautiful city with fantastic and unique atmosphere and definitely worth visiting, especially in the spring. There is something for everyone here - history, culture, thriving student commnity with a lot of crazy people,arts, religion, fantastic old Jewishh quarter, incredibly vibrant nightlife in hundreds or thousands nighclubs, pubs etc.And the historical sites are not lifeless museums, but very much alive and integrated into the city life. The surroundings of the city are also beautiful - on good days you can see the mountains from Krakow. Summer is also very nice, but there are hordes of tourists. In winter, it is best around Christmas season.

It is in fact the only big historical city in Poland that survived the ww2 without major damage.Warsaw, for instance, had to be rebuilt practically from scratch and that's why it look nothing like it used to look before the war.

I have only one question - can Igor cook?

Guest PiotrekS

Igor can :wink:

Igor cooks very well indeed. He is very gifted in every aspect of procesing organic matter.

Food in Poland is good. Sometimes being backwards means that while others have to strive to return to nature/be ecological, you just stay where you are. Natural products rule!

Guest PiotrekS

lol, yes, that's the one.

sorry. i haz ignorance.

and i'm thinking of an amusing little documentary about those cars i believe. and possibly a gogol bordello song.

Don't we all? That's why it's great we can talk and share, e.g. here.

Gogol Bordello sounds interesting - are they good?

Igor cooks very well indeed. He is very gifted in every aspect of procesing organic matter.

Food in Poland is good. Sometimes being backwards means that while others have to strive to return to nature/be ecological, you just stay where you are. Natural products rule!

I´m catching the next plane!!! Igor cooks while you show me the nature of Poland. Sounds good to me. :tongue: (And I will send you a card, Cindy.)

I´ve been to a Polish restaurant in Stockholm and that was one of the craziest things I have ever experienced.

Guest PiotrekS

I´m catching the next plane!!! Igor cooks while you show me the nature of Poland. Sounds good to me. :tongue: (And I will send you a card, Cindy.)

I'm waiting with flowers and picnic basket full of Igor's goodies :biggrin:

I´ve been to a Polish restaurant in Stockholm and that was one of the craziest things I have ever experienced.

Wow, why?

Archived