DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slayer

Gabriel Kross

The fight between Slayer and Perrin has already happened and has already been concluded. The dream spike battle between slayer and perrin, and egwene vs mesana is when Slayer died. Slayer was trapped in a nightmare of Dragonmount erupting when perrin destroyed the dream spike slayer believed the nightmare and fell into the lava (what happens in TAR happens in the waking world) hence Slayer is dead. I just wanted to point this out because I've seen several people say Perrin will fight Slayer in the LB which is not possible the DO is not going to bring back someone who was a complete failure in his service to him.

Well, but I doubt they'll fight again.

In ToM they had this really big showdown where Perrin defeats Slayer. In fact we already had multiple pretty long battles Slayer vs Perrin.

It just would be really anticlimactic if it would just happen again.

Yea and im sure Perrins ribs would tell you that Slayer lives since after the nightmare was destroyed Slayer decided to kick the hell out of Perrin while he was in the fetal position on the ground.

Perhaps Perrin will face Slayer one more time perhaps not I would like to see it although it is anticlimatic its still gonna be a badass fight scene as all of Perrin vs. Slayer fight scenes are badass the only problem is is I don't see any way for Perrin to pull something new out in TAR for the final battle he seems to have gotten a hell of a lot better at control and I just don't see a way for him to get any better at it. Plus we havn't seen Lord Luc in a while and there was a thread on here somewhere of Slayers main purpose being a post TG assassin for Rand Sedai I kinda like that idea since we may actually see Rand completly wipe the floor with Slayer after TG.

I don't think it's ever been explained. According to the Dark Prophecy in TGH7:

"Luc came to the Mountains of Dhoom.

Isam waited in the high passes.

The hunt is now begun. The Shadow's hounds now course, and kill.

One did live, and one did die, but both are.

The Time of Change has come."

So something happened to those two in the Blight.

Luc went north to the Blight apparently after Gitara convinced him he had to go. We didn't see that on screen; the rumour was reported by Dyelin in LoC16. Isam disappeared (as an infant) after Malkier fell to the Trollocs.

Given the mention of the Shadow's hounds, and Slayer's familiarity with the Wolf Dream, perhaps the merging happened there. But that's my speculation.

Also, it's worded slightly differently:

“Fain said he has been made the Dark One’s hound, and in a way he is right. The Father of Lies set Fain to hunt, first changing him so he could carry out that hunt. It is the things done to bring about those changes that Fain fears to remember; he hates his master for them as much as he fears him. So Fain was sent sniffing and hunting through all the villages around Baerlon, and all the way to the Mountains of Mist, and down to the Taren and across into the Two Rivers.”

“Three springs ago?” Perrin said slowly. “I remember that spring. Fain came later than usual, but what was strange was that he lingered on. A whole week he remained, idle and gnashing his teeth about laying out money for a room at the Winespring Inn. Fain likes his money.”

But it's an intriguing thought.. Also. Slayer is under orders to find Fain and kill him:

“Small, apparently unimportant matters can become very important.. This rat. Whether Isam succeeds in finding and killing that other vermin, Fain. A word whispered in the wrong ear, or not spoken to the right. A butterfly stirs its wings on a branch, and on the other side of the world a mountain collapses.”

Now why is that 'apparently unimportant'?

Rand needs to be the one to kill Slayer. It has been implied that Luc (Rands maternal blood uncle) killed Rands birth father, Janduin. It said something like Janduin wandered and was attacked by a man who looked so much like rands birth mother that he wouldn't even raise a hand to defend himself.

Perrin needs to kill Fain. Remember, Fain killed all Perrins family, which the white cloaks covered up.

I would like to see one more small battle between Slayer and Perrin to have Perrin at least get the last blow in though...

Archived