DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What would you prefer personally, The power Vs. Tech?

bigWalt

The Power Versus Tech, What would you choose?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. The Source Versus Technology?

• The Source
    • Technology

I choose technology. I do not like the fact that an extremely small genetic elite is able to throw their weight around so easily. While not everyone has access to some technologies, everyone has the potential to have it. Hopefully with the advent of the schools that Rand has set up power can become more fairly distributed.

I choose technology. I do not like the fact that an extremely small genetic elite is able to throw their weight around so easily. While not everyone has access to some technologies, everyone has the potential to have it. Hopefully with the advent of the schools that Rand has set up power can become more fairly distributed.

In the AoL, the AS really did (for a while) use the Power to benefit others. In our time, the wealthiest reserve the best technology for themselves and figure everybody who can afford to buy it from them can rot in the Pit of Doom for all they care. Even the Third Age AS don't make people pay for healing. How many people die, or descend into deplorable states of health for lack of medical care? How many people starve, even though we have the technology to feed the world?

You think those in power will allow someone else to separately develop their technologies? If that's so, then why haven't some of these destitute cultures developed something like that? After all, they work our machines, making the things we will buy... Shouldn't they have figured out how it works by now?

Plus, even if it was the Stone Age, I don't think the One Power would completely stop technology from being developed. You could create ter'angreal that do the same things as some of our tech items, and they would last way longer and cost people way less. Plus, you could Heal people without them having to fork out more than they can make in a lifetime.

Archived