DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where will it go?

gloweye

First of all, i'm new, but don't let that get in the way...

I thought about the process of how will Rand get resurrected? we all hope, based on the finn question "How can i win and survive?" that Rand will be alive at the end of the last book. the two most used theories are either:

1. A body swap with Morridin. this does seem unlikely to me, as we know very little of the link and possible interactions. it's not been mentioned much, but neither Morridin nor Rand has proven to be able to actually do something with it. and a body swap isn't just something..

2. dies, becomes hero of the Horn(which we know he is from RJ), and gets torn out of TAR, maybe with a warder bond thrown in to keep him alive. maybe a theoratical possiblity, but it's already been done.

I thought about something completely different. read further, where I suspect/hope describe what Rand's story arc will look like in aMoL. i won't be right at the start, but this starts where Tarmon Gaidon has begun. lots of channeling everywhere, and at a moment, rand stands on the slopes of Shayol Ghul. with him are Morraine, and Mierin. (OK, thats still another jump. I think her plead for rescue is real, and that Rand's done it. i think that the DO's torture+Mindtrapping her WILL make her angry enough to betray them, and serve Lews Therin for the time being.) However, she remains mindtrapped. Rand knows this, and, as such, holds her shielded, with her coöparation. he then weaves the saiding protection he used to survive the assassination by Corlam Dashiva, knowing it will temporarily sever the Cour'sava. it is still a Ter'angreaal, and that weave stops even teh One Power. he then links with Morraine and Mierin, yielding Callandor, and passing control to Mierin. as she drilled de Bore, she also knows how to seal it. she draws saidin through rand, saidar through herself and Morraine(still having the bracelet angreaal), and the True Power through Rand as well. Callandor's lack of buffer allows him to draw it regardless of him already holding saidin. she then starts a weave to close te Bore, using teh True power to buffer against the DO's taint, and using saidin and saidar to keep it there, and hold it where it belongs. no focus points are needed. (there once were none...)

At the moment the bore starts closing, the DO notices, and tells Morridin though his direct link. Morridin is quick to act, and tries to manupilate Mierin through the Cour'sava. discovering he is unable to, he in anger accesses the link with Rand. now he has a vantage point from inside te protection weave, and takes direct control of Mierin, killing rand with a blast of fire from his own saidin. the Bore however, is slightly smaller.

rand dies, everybody thinks shit, were doomed. however, they do continue fighting.

the DO thinks: "the dragon is dead. so much my final victory. i need him alive!" and decides to ressurect him so he can achieve his final victory.

Rand awakens amidst his enemies, he manages to escape from the 13x13 they had set up for him(if they were smart they would. SH is smart enough for it).

meanwhile, everybody is still fighting, and the light side wins, led by Mat's brilliant tactics and the heroes of the Horn, now including Hurin(Lan's still alive, but he will be there next time...). rand gets back, and gets recognised by noone, manages to get a sneak peak at his own corpse, and shields Lanfear once again, as she's still under Morridin's control, and killing good guys. he closes the Bore, remembering the weave Mierin used, (linked of course) and because only Morridin knows what is happening in time, and he is not able to act that fast. Morridin however, does portal to the place where it is done, to arrive at the moment the bore is sealed. he gets Callandor from lanfear, and links with her and Moghedien to slay Rand, controlling the leading Lanfear through the soul prison.

Then, before she strikes, she discovers that the Cour'sava has become infunctional, due the the bore having been closed. (its constuction was only possible at SG, as the thinness was needed.) she then blast Morridin to death. inside herself she dicides not to kill Lews Therin(she still calls him so) in exchange for getting her loose from the soultrap. She once more tries to seduce him, but is insuccesfull, but this time, she gives up on him and leaves.

Moghedien promises eternal sorry for all she did, but is severed by rand, who chooses not te give her more punishment. death would be mercy after severing.

So far the important stuff. any reactions?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for laughing at not getting replies on your ideas, brother. I will give you one. After reading the post.

I must say I like it. I only do not know if it would work to sever the cour'souvra. And I think Rand can maybe also serve the DO while being dead.

Does Moridin understand the link? Come to that, does Rand understand it? All Rand knows is that sometimes he feels dizzy even when he's not channelling, and he can make out a face. I don't think we've seen him think about that yet. Moridin didn't say anything about it in TGS15. And, of course, we haven't had a PoV from him since VoG, either.

Nvm bro....not s clear enough topic title...

Its a fact we dont know about the link... its clearly having a bigger purpose than we've seen, and this solution looks better/easier to me than the other resurrection methods... practically, its the only real resurrection method we've seen.

I also don't think nyn would take the risk of him getting killed. she was pretty worried about birgitte dying last time... Most likely, forever.

That said, disposal of the dragon this way might be the DO's final victory.

Guest Emu on the Loose

A fascinating premise! I'd like to see Rand and Mierin spend a lot of time together in AMoL. My biggest complaint about the villains in WoT is not even that they're mostly incompetent. It's that they get so little face time with the good guys. Every time Mierin appeared before Rand as herself, she only stuck around for a few minutes before leaving. Even as Selene and Keille, she never really spent all that much time with him. It feels like they still have so much to say to each other.

Agree on everything emu.... most on the incompetent part.... aginor should have burned rand to a cinder in tEotW.

They battled for the control of the Eye, and Rand won on his willpower. That's why Aginor died. But he almost killed Rand as Dashiva, later on.

I think there is a flaw in your theory. The True Power comes from the Dark One. He can give and take access away at a whim and I think, for that reason, it would be impossible to use the True power as a buffer while closing the Bore. It would be like a prisoner giving his jailor the key to his cell. The DO would not allow it to be used agaist him IMO.

I think there is a flaw in your theory. The True Power comes from the Dark One. He can give and take access away at a whim and I think, for that reason, it would be impossible to use the True power as a buffer while closing the Bore. It would be like a prisoner giving his jailor the key to his cell. The DO would not allow it to be used agaist him IMO.

Gaidar thinks (and I agree with him, after some discussion) that Rand has access to the True Power through Moridin.

That said, it's still unknown what would be the effect of channeling a power when that power gets disabled(i.e. the bore gets closed while channeling the true power).

I've been thinking about this theory for long before I came here. I've read some people believe fain will get used as buffer. I like that one to. But i like mine better.

That said, it's still unknown what would be the effect of channeling a power when that power gets disabled(i.e. the bore gets closed while channeling the true power).

I've been thinking about this theory for long before I came here. I've read some people believe fain will get used as buffer. I like that one to. But i like mine better.

Long? You barely know the books a year.

It would be equivalent to being shielded from the True Source, I suppose. Whatever weave the person was using would have to be tied off before that happens. Would that hold a weave once the person has been shielded?

It's a paradox. Like balefiring yourself.

Im not here cause im your big brother, and you should by now be able to think for yourself what to do and what not to do.

And that not knowing for sure is like not knowing if a brick will fall as you drop it. it just could just fly to the ceiling...

Archived