DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

teh mafia and its effect on all other forum activity

Mrs. Cindy Gill

i know how much mafia is enjoyed by many... by many who have really funny, interesting things to say... but who tend to mostly say them in mafia.

and this makes me kind of sad :madmyrddraal: . i miss their smart funny posts.

i am happy and pleased that people have something they love so much, that keeps them so busy and distracts them from the loneliness and foreknowledge of death that we are prey to as sentient beings... but this leaves me a little shy of distractions at times myself.

not, you know, enough of the time to actually leave the computer. but at times i clicky the refresh too many times, and i has, as i said, a sad.

so i was wondering, if, for the greater good evil, teh mafia lovers might, on occasion, just pop in and say hey, howdy, *stab*, and seeya, or something.

or if they're just helpless to the addiction now.

sigh.

carry on.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you are always interesting. and my needs are simple.

i go shop now, when i come back i hope there are new words to read. it will make others happy and/or distressed (you pick what you prefer there, it's all entertaing to me) as well, so win-win.

no life, need vicarious anything. kthx. :blush:

that is very thoughful of you, krak. :myrddraal:

i'm glued to my computer feeding the ipod. mgiht have to get dressed and do the shopping one of these days.

apparently, i need another one... 32 gigawhoosits is not, in fact, unlimited storage.

Who in the heck needs an ipod with more than 32 Gigabytes of memory?

sheeeesh tongue.gif

it is an odd combination of music, and spans more than my lifetime, and more than my grandmother's, really. and the ipod seems to be aware of it... it is learning my tastes, and not quite randomly mixing the tunes for me... i'm a bit frightened of it, but i am also kind of ensnared by its.... evil goodness.

i didn't realize how much music i had until i started feeding this thing CDs. don't know how i accumulated so many ('k, well i guess i ripped most of them from friends, and bought some, but not when i didn't have to). i never even replaced most of my cassettes and LPs and all when the tech changed, though i still miss most of the stuff i can't play anymore and will have to fix that soon. i'd planned to feed it the CDs of those around me, but... need another one. just a plain ipod, and then use the touch for movies, like i meant to in the first place.

ya, but really, 32 gigs is not that much music, you'd be surprised. i was.

yeah, i wanted books, and i don't know what apps are, except games, which would have been nice. wanted to carry around a couple of movies. but it looks like no go. that's why i should have just gotten a regular ipod while i was in the store to go with this, cause those are a lot less expensive. but i didn't really understand what these things could do. i just wanted the toy, i didn;t know it could hold all thi music.... now i want more. stupid capitalism.

it's around 2500 and half used up.

um.... yes, i do have to put on every song. i want them all. with me. all the time. i do not want to leave any out.

i understand this is not "normal" but it is the case.

lol, yes, there was plenty of christmas music. goes nicely between the eminem and the gogol bordello.

Well, before my mp3 player went kaput, I made great use of it for about 5 years. This mp3 player had a 20 GB hard drive, and I was able to load over 4,000 songs on it. With 4,000 plus songs, I could go through a few months of that thing on shuffle play, or randomized play and probably not hear the same dang song more than a few times.

Therefore, I suggest that if you want something that is going to hold thousands and thousands of songs, that you get an ipod or an mp3 player just for your music.

it's around 2500 and half used up.

um.... yes, i do have to put on every song. i want them all. with me. all the time. i do not want to leave any out.

i understand this is not "normal" but it is the case.

lol, yes, there was plenty of christmas music. goes nicely between the eminem and the gogol bordello.

I understand, cause I am the same way when it comes to downloading music from My Music folder into my mp3 player.

I HAVE to HAVE ALL OF THEM!!! THEY'RE MINE!!!! biggrin.gifmyrddraal.gif

um, who do i have... well mostly things you never heard of prolly cause i have weird taste.. lots of big band and swing, lots of dr demento stuff, like tom lehrer, lots and lots of what the kids call classic rock these days, esp stones, who, zep, of course dylan, good deal of johnny cash, stuff like rosemary clooney and gaelic storm and beatles and motown, specially smokey, love smokey, andmovie soundtrack i kind of enjoy quite a bit, love shrek, mob hits, that sort of thing, silly stuff like south park music, um, dusty sprinfield's nice, barenaked ladies, queen, lol cher, sorry, but she's great, tina turner, the aretha concert krak showed me, really lovely, that, lots of 80s punk stuff you never heard of, maybe some you did, liek the clash and sex pistols and ramones and ian drury, and wreckless eric, um, pink floys, love floyd, lot of 50s mixes, lots and lots of ww2 music, really love a good war song, disney music for some reason, some jazz, dave edmunds, big bad voodoo daddies, cherry poppin daddies, yep, sensing a theme there, squirrel nut zippers (you should like them), um, tired of typing, but... a lot of things. mostly weird. show tunes, broadway... bb king, muddy waters, marvin gaye, springsteen, billy joel even, and really tired of typing now, sorry.

too much to list, and mostly not of interest to other humans. :blush:

Archived