DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gaidal Cain

JKN-SW

Thank you Quotemistress. This answers one question I have had for awhile. This also crosses Olver off the list as Gaidal would still be an infant. It also crosses off all of Rand's babies. Thanks. I cannot think of any other infants/babies/births mentioned in the series, so I do not believe Gaidal has been shown outside of TAR yet.

Robert Jordan did say Olver had a reason to be in the story other than a red herring. But that reason is anyone's guess.

I didn't mean that Olver in himself is a red herring, but that his ugliness is. His purpose was to make Mat and Thom remember the snakes and foxes game so they could cheat when they entered ToG.

Yes, I believe this is Olver's function in WoT which is why I think he will die in the Battle of Caemlyn as he is no longer "needed" in the story. (that sounds really callous)

This isn't ASOIAF, thus I think Olver will survive, even if all the remaining Forsaken attack him at once.

I know its not ASOIAF, WoT is actually good!!

Robert Jordan did say Olver had a reason to be in the story other than a red herring. But that reason is anyone's guess.

I didn't mean that Olver in himself is a red herring, but that his ugliness is. His purpose was to make Mat and Thom remember the snakes and foxes game so they could cheat when they entered ToG.

Yes, I believe this is Olver's function in WoT which is why I think he will die in the Battle of Caemlyn as he is no longer "needed" in the story. (that sounds really callous)

This isn't ASOIAF, thus I think Olver will survive, even if all the remaining Forsaken attack him at once.

Care to attempt defining good in this instance? Meaning, what about WoT is good that aSoIaF isn't?

Care to attempt defining good in this instance? Meaning, what about WoT is good that aSoIaF isn't?

yo Suttree, first don't take everything so literally dude :tongue: (I'm not mocking or taking the pee out of u there)

Second, it's just my preference. I mean come on, who am I to say it's not good; it's an international bestselling series which has spawned a hugely successful TV show. Whilst there may have been a few times I've come on to this website and said that I don't like an authors work, I'm not really a fan of going onto websites and slamming pubished authors. I'm trying to get there myself and can appreciate how difficult it is even to come up with a good plot and good characters. If I don't like a book it doesn't mean it's not good, it's been published for f sake lol. This is actually 1 of the reasons why in the last 2-3 weeks I havent been posting as much as the previous month as there is far too much criticising on this site for my liking, and I find it hugely disrespectful. That goes for the level of criticism of WoT and it's characters aswell, its ridiculous and we r all sposed to b fans and it seems most people would rather pan it than celebrate it.

All I'll say in reference to ASOIAF; way way too much profanity for profanitys sake. People say it's dark because Martin isn't afraid to go heavily into subjects most authors avoid but because of the sheer volume of the "dark stuff" it loses it's edge in the 2nd book of a 7 part series. I can't fully explain y I'm not hugely keen on ASOIAF it has all the ingredients for stories that I enjoy but just doesn't hold my attention as WoT and others. It's weird coz I think some of Martin's characters are superb.

yo Suttree, first don't take everything so literally dude :tongue: (I'm not mocking or taking the pee out of u there)

Second, it's just my preference. I mean come on, who am I to say it's not good; it's an international bestselling series which has spawned a hugely successful TV show. Whilst there may have been a few times I've come on to this website and said that I don't like an authors work, I'm not really a fan of going onto websites and slamming pubished authors. I'm trying to get there myself and can appreciate how difficult it is even to come up with a good plot and good characters. If I don't like a book it doesn't mean it's not good, it's been published for f sake lol. This is actually 1 of the reasons why in the last 2-3 weeks I havent been posting as much as the previous month as there is far too much criticising on this site for my liking, and I find it hugely disrespectful. That goes for the level of criticism of WoT and it's characters aswell, its ridiculous and we r all sposed to b fans and it seems most people would rather pan it than celebrate it.

All I'll say in reference to ASOIAF; way way too much profanity for profanitys sake. People say it's dark because Martin isn't afraid to go heavily into subjects most authors avoid but because of the sheer volume of the "dark stuff" it loses it's edge in the 2nd book of a 7 part series. I can't fully explain y I'm not hugely keen on ASOIAF it has all the ingredients for stories that I enjoy but just doesn't hold my attention as WoT and others. It's weird coz I think some of Martin's characters are superb.

No worries mate, I don't get riled up about that sort of thing.

Was just curious as to what you didn't like about it....

Archived