DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Will Rand sheath the sword?

Ajvn

Hello

I started my second reread few days ago and I noticed some iteresting stuff.

Sorry if it was discussed elsewhere. In TGH before they leave Fal Dara,

Rand is instructed by Lan and the lesson is about "sheathing the sword".

The hardest lesson ever.

I'm convinced that the lesson will play an important role in the AMOL.

So the question is: Will rand commit a suicide? We know for sure that

LTT did it...

I dont think he will sheath the sword,

1) it has already been used.

2) it can only be used against a physical force

3) its more of a sword form, used in conjucture with the heron forms I believe

Just because we're talking about the rand final deal thing I will present my semitheory

"All he is can be seized" the full quote I cant exactly remember it but it plays an important part

I believe that Rand will use callandor (I just thought of something, we only hear of one other thing that requires 1 male and 2 females to use properly, the domination band! The women will be the ones who fight to maintain full control over rand and stop the DO from destroying everyone to allow the sealing to be done) at Shayol Ghul allowing Shai'tan to seize his body and soul. and here comes fain, I think that fain will then stab rand through the heart with his dagger. the connection between rand and shaitan will be severely damaged.... like a person with aggressive cancer, allowing the actual sealing to be done by logain and the women resulting in a perfect sealing due to the DO being so preoccupied with his infection (fain) that he cannot counterstrike.

sorry if it seams incomprehensable

I hope not, because if he does all I will be able to think of is Isam's WoT Summary.

Rand: I really should be going.

Lan: Yes, you should. Another lesson?

Rand: Sure.

Lan: This move is called "Ending the Book." Use it in a climactic battle at the end of the book against a bad guy.

I hope not, because if he does all I will be able to think of is Isam's WoT Summary.

Rand: I really should be going.

Lan: Yes, you should. Another lesson?

Rand: Sure.

Lan: This move is called "Ending the Book." Use it in a climactic battle at the end of the book against a bad guy.

If that is how it ends (after all this waiting) bad things are going to happen :darkone::mad:

During my the first part of my reread of TGH two weeks ago, I was wondering the same thing (if Rand would have to do it at the last battle).

The description really seemed to stand out at the beginning of TGH as some sort of foreshadowing. However, at the end of TGH, the topic was brought up again by a Borderlander (I'll say no more to avoid any spoilers)- so in a way, that sort of "closed the loop".

My take is that it is a "Borderlander thang" and I doubt that Rand will do it- but as for Lan- yes, I think it is very possible that he may end up doing it. He was always talking about making someone a widow...

• 3 weeks later...

We'd have to think about the circumstances in which he might want to die. When he Sheathed the Sword against Ba'alz, it was to give him the opportunity to strike a killing blow, even if it meant his own death (which it nearly did, of course). That's conceptually distinct from suicide, instead it's self-sacrifice.

We'd have to think about the circumstances in which he might want to die. When he Sheathed the Sword against Ba'alz, it was to give him the opportunity to strike a killing blow, even if it meant his own death (which it nearly did, of course). That's conceptually distinct from suicide, instead it's self-sacrifice.

He could be afraid to be 13/13ed. Another possibility is that he realizes that the DO can only destroy the pattern with the help of the Dragon. Then he will surely want to kill the Dragon in him, hoping it will be forever.

I wonder if Rand, with his newly-integrated AoL skills in channelling, and the Light in his brain, would be able to resist a 13*13? But perhaps he wouldn't want to risk it.

Not sure if he can kill the 'Dragon in him', but that's another possibility, certainly.

Again, perhaps he needs to die, to meet the Lord of the Grave on Its home, er, turf.

I reckon Rand at the end will need the Dark One to possess him, then have someone use Callandor against him. Narishma, Alivia and Nynaeve, Narishma holding it but Alivia in control of the circle. Rand Sheathes the Sword That Is Not a Sword while the Dark One is in him, the sacrificial death that weakens Shai'tan for another turning, Alivia having helped Rand die [under the right conditions] because she was guiding the flows of the circle when Narishma stabbed him.

MoveahairswidthjustbeforethestabsoMoridindiesinhisbody

Archived