DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rolling the dice

Corwinsr

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... Corwin is cooking. Great recipe, it stands out in it's quality of ingredients, it's choice of seasoning (best not to get too fancy when it comes to chili), and inclusion of really good bases. I usually like mine a little spicier, but other than that the only difference is sometimes I use more veggies like okra or bell peppers or something even funkier, there's something about the way the veggies natural taste mix with the spice level to really set it off.

As for beer, Shiner is a great choice (my cheap alternative is Coor Light, it's really good when really cold), but to get a little fancier I'll go with an IPA, preferably from a microbrewery. Dogfish Head has a good one, a few others stand out as well.

For tea, I'm a sucker for sweet. Maybe I been in South Carolina too long, who knows. I still don't like as sweet as they do tho...

When it comes to tequila though, imo if it's straight shots, the absolute best is Herradura, incredible flavor but still goes down smooth. Probably go with reposado, but any of the three flavors work.

If we ever have a Wolfkin Party in real life....

... Corwin is cooking. Great recipe, it stands out in it's quality of ingredients, it's choice of seasoning (best not to get too fancy when it comes to chili), and inclusion of really good bases. I usually like mine a little spicier, but other than that the only difference is sometimes I use more veggies like okra or bell peppers or something even funkier, there's something about the way the veggies natural taste mix with the spice level to really set it off.

As for beer, Shiner is a great choice (my cheap alternative is Coor Light, it's really good when really cold), but to get a little fancier I'll go with an IPA, preferably from a microbrewery. Dogfish Head has a good one, a few others stand out as well.

For tea, I'm a sucker for sweet. Maybe I been in South Carolina too long, who knows. I still don't like as sweet as they do tho...

When it comes to tequila though, imo if it's straight shots, the absolute best is Herradura, incredible flavor but still goes down smooth. Probably go with reposado, but any of the three flavors work.

:D I'm picturing myself with an apron and spatula and all the little wolfpups running around making trouble while their mentors shake their heads. That would be so awesome!

I like microbrews. Saranac Black & Tan is one I tried last year that was good. Sadly I've been on a diet for a few months and beer is just not part of the equation these days. But I'm halfway to my goal of 175 so hopefully by November I can indulge again!

I have to admit that I have a sister-in-law that makes unbelievably good sweet tea. I could drink pitchers of that easily. I haven't heard of some of the tequilas you mention but I'm saving your selections so I can try them later this year.

Archived