DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New poster! My take on a few prophecies

Spargon

Hello all long time lurker first time poster! (Please be gentle)

Instead of adding my thoughts to the end of several "dead" threads I thought it might be better to throw all my musing in one post and let you all have at it (if that was the wrong choice I'm sorry)

Anyway I have interpetations on a few prophecies we see throughtout the series that I have yet to see here (Please correct me if I'm wrong theres ALOT to read through and check) These may have likely been suggested and debunked before and I lack to the depth of knowledge many of you here have I'm mostly going by my gut and perspective when reading these.

"First Among Vermin lifts his hand to bring freedom to Him who will Destroy, the last days of the Fallen Blacksmith’s pride shall come."

To me the comma I've bolded this feel like one sentence about Perrin alone no fain no Rand etc, aren't Wolves regarded as 'vermin' (not necessarily called outright but treated as much) by many and Perrin could be considered 'first' among them and the wording would suggest he might not be thrilled by the idea. This just seems to be a foreshadowing that perhaps Perrins new pimp hammer has a higher power.

"Yea, and the Broken Wolf, the one whom Death has known, shall fall and be consumed by the Midnight Towers. And his destruction shall bring fear and sorrow to the hearts of men, and shall shake their very will itself"

I totally agree with Rand being the Broken wolf here, however what if in this case the Midnight Towers are just that, Seanchan perhaps Alivia "helps Rand die" by taking him to Tuon since she was Damane so long and could help him with customs etc and by extension this is where Rand dies pre TG to get reborn (not sure on what I believe will happen there read lots of great ideas)

"Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized."

Now I could be wrong but hasn't it been suggested or proven that the True Source is indeed the DO himself? If we assume this is the case and "he" is the DO could Calladnor's 'flaw' of no buffer be used for the 3 become 1 in a scenario of Rand using 2 women much like he did cleansing Saidin and 'sieze' the DO into callandor and use a coccoon of Saidin and Saidar as a new form of seal and then spit him back into his prison with a proper seal now intact?

Anyway I hope these don't look like the rantings of a madman If these have all been presented and debunked or if anyone has evidense why I'm wrong by all means tell me. I tried to read as much as I could here before posting to make sure these hadn't been covered but soo many threads :)

I don't think everyone has read everything I myself probably missed a lot for skimming the bickering that occasionally spews forth...

I'd like to run with your first one if I may,

Perhaps Perrin's siding with Rand is influential at FoM? Seems logical that Perrin persuades the Randlanders to agree to the Dragon's plan to break the seals (freeing He who will Destroy).

The pride is the important part of the second bit, does that refer to the hammer, Faile or even the Two Rivers? And how has Perrin fallen, he is certainly no longer a blacksmith, but is it possible to fall up to higher station?

"First Among Vermin lifts his hand to bring freedom to Him who will Destroy, the last days of the Fallen Blacksmith’s pride shall come."

To me the comma I've bolded this feel like one sentence about Perrin alone no fain no Rand etc, aren't Wolves regarded as 'vermin' (not necessarily called outright but treated as much) by many and Perrin could be considered 'first' among them and the wording would suggest he might not be thrilled by the idea. This just seems to be a foreshadowing that perhaps Perrins new pimp hammer has a higher power.

The first half of the prophecy is most likely referring to Rand/LTT. The First Among Servants was the leader of the Hall of Servants in the Age of Legends and was one of LTT's titles. The next part references the fact that Rand intends to break the seals of the Dark One's prison. Fallen Blacksmith would apparently seem to imply to Perrin.

"Yea, and the Broken Wolf, the one whom Death has known, shall fall and be consumed by the Midnight Towers. And his destruction shall bring fear and sorrow to the hearts of men, and shall shake their very will itself"

I totally agree with Rand being the Broken wolf here, however what if in this case the Midnight Towers are just that, Seanchan perhaps Alivia "helps Rand die" by taking him to Tuon since she was Damane so long and could help him with customs etc and by extension this is where Rand dies pre TG to get reborn (not sure on what I believe will happen there read lots of great ideas)

The Midnight Towers are the Forsaken, most clearly evidenced by the fact that one falls and rises higher than the others. Perhaps the Broken Wolf is Rand, or Perrin. The only clear characteristic is that he is obviously well-known and beloved by mankind (refuting the theory that it is Hopper) and that a Forsaken will destroy him.

"Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized."

Now I could be wrong but hasn't it been suggested or proven that the True Source is indeed the DO himself? If we assume this is the case and "he" is the DO could Calladnor's 'flaw' of no buffer be used for the 3 become 1 in a scenario of Rand using 2 women much like he did cleansing Saidin and 'sieze' the DO into callandor and use a coccoon of Saidin and Saidar as a new form of seal and then spit him back into his prison with a proper seal now intact?

One Power i.e. saidin and saidar comes from the True Source. The True Power comes from the Dark One. It is not the Dark One itself so your scenario would not be possible.

Anyway I hope these don't look like the rantings of a madman If these have all been presented and debunked or if anyone has evidense why I'm wrong by all means tell me. I tried to read as much as I could here before posting to make sure these hadn't been covered but soo many threads :)

Welcome to the Forums. I'm sure you'll enjoy them. And trust me, there have been crazier theories. No fear.

Thanks for the replys!

and thank you for the correction on the third I did mean True Power not the source simply wrong word used. I wasn't sure if the TP was regarded as "part" of the DO or "essence" of type of thing.

As for the towers I know the imagery in Egwene's dream of the Midnight Towers is the Forsaken no arguement there. But regardless the towers still stand in Seanchan and can be open for another interpretation in this regard, and don't get me wrong the signs do point towards the Forsaken in this regard to but I enjoy playing devils advocate and thinking in abstract terms of "what if" the results can often be fun :)

Either way thank you for the feedback, just trying to show me reasoning on these here.

Also I'm just trying to think a little outside the box since I've read threads on several boards and everyone seems to think the same 2 or 3 things but none are concrete proven so more interpretations are always fun to discuss.

Muad Cheade, Insert True Power for True Source and the theory is back on again. and I believe the original premise of the post was potentially unthought of interpretations to the prophecies and as we don't know who the First among Vermin is, the Wolfking seems like he could be a possible candidate too, so much so that I wouldn't want to dismiss the thought or interpretation entirely.

I'm not sure at all that the broken wolf is either Perring or Rand. Nobody else seems to get two sentences or two names in that prophecy, so my guess is the BW is someone else completely. Davram Bashere har a wolfheaded staff and is often referred to as the wolf, he is pretty high up on my list for possible candidates.

Archived