DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Should I see 3-D or 2-D?

Superhal

I'm thinking about seeing both movies this weekend, but I'm not sure if I should watch one, both or neither in 3-D.

My main concern is that the 3-D is a gimmick by the studios to increase sales. However, from word-of-mouth about Transformers 3, it seems that the 3-D really added something to the experience. I don't expect Avatar-style 3-D effects, but I don't want the equivalent of a pop-up book at half the color and brightness.

I also expect to buy HP8 and CA on DVD eventually, so this would be an argument against seeing it in 2-D in the theaters.

My questions:

1. How's the 3-D quality for each film?

2. Did the 3-D simply add to the experience or create a unique experience?

Question: 1. Are you over the age of 12? 2. Do you go to movie drunk or high? 3. Are you so high you think it is the 80's again?

Yeah... I hate 3D. To be fair I only tried it for Avatar. I hate wearing the glasses that give me a headache. I hate movies that actually build an extra 20 minutes of scenes just to have stuff jump out at you. Some movies are bad enough as it is.

Of course I am that rare bird that wants to see a movie for the story, acting, dialogue, etc... and most of the movies that are 3D are made for the masses that devour poorly done movies that just want to be visually stimulated and not have to think.

Archived