DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Designing an App!

Tiinker

Hey guys! So I'm designing an app and I'm hoping you guys could shoot me some ideas. It's a travel app. That's all you need to know about it :P

But anyway, I'm looking for some ideas on things such as pictures or symbols. I've got a lay out all set and a logo etc. Programming is being taken care of but I'll just drop a couple questions and hopefully some of you guys will be able to help me out.

SO! Serious answers now :p

1. If you could use one picture to describe the world/globe what would it be? (Yeah you can say "Globe" as an answer if you're not very creative :p)

2. Pick a favourite touristic spot:

East-Asian: Architecture (temples/mythology, statues, Great Wall etc.), Natural Geographic (landscapes, animals etc.), Culture (food, night life, music art)

Europe: Architecture (Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, Leaning tower etc.), Landscape (Mediterranean, beach/ocean view, crowded city), Culture.

Similar for N.A/S.A and Oceania.

3. When navigating around a website is there anything specific that you really detest or really like seeing? Something to make it more user friendly or just a pain?

Couple examples are things like background images, text/font size, little details about the post-box on a forum or position of the logo? Just anything you don't like. Like if I click on a youtube link with a seriously sad gangster rap song I'll just close the window. Know what I mean?

Kay, thanks guys hopefully you can answer some of these and give me some ideas. :smile:

2. Just some places that I thought of when I read your post: The Chinese Wall, The Pyramids of Giza, Mount Everest and Great Barrier Rief outside Australia. If there by any chance should be a picture from Sweden I would go with one from the Icehotel in Jukkasjärvi. Google it - it´s amazing.

3. I hate to many links and buttons. It should be easy to navigate. I don´t like when it´s to many colors but I guess that is just me...

Good luck!

1. A cool little spinning globe, like the earth from space.

2. East-Asian: Pyramids, Great Wall, Japanese culture.

Europe: Rome, Mediterranean.

3.I like simple web sites. I can't stand having to read. Make it easy to use.

Archived