DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The red ajah. To be or not to be.

The Reds can move on to being the police that monitors channelers. Ironically, partnering with men who can channel might become their schtick so that they can be more effective at it.

On who's authority ? The other female channelers couldn't care less for the AS after all that stuff and why should men give a damn about what some misandristic women think of them ?

The Green Ajah, from what I can tell have been pretty damned useless unless Robert Jordan forgot to mention in all of his books that the Greens spend all of their time patrolling the borders of the Great Blight and reinforcing the Borderlander units who patrol the Blight.

Par for the course.

Rand might establish peace, but it will be up to the Grey Ajah to maintain it. They will be important to make sure this chance at world peace doesn't evaporate within a generation.

Un, no.When was the last time you heard of the gray maintaining any short of peace , apart from the AS own POVs ?

Not to mention that you have seen how grays negotiate.In fact one can claim that the Asha'man will be MORE important in maintaining that peace.No one would want to bring down on their kingdom the black coats ,especially since they have no oaths and are perfectly capable of doing battle since unlike the AS and the others ,that was their original purpose.

White Ajah: So their all philosophers? Yeah, I don't see them doing much except maybe acting as advisers.

The AS general philosophy is counter-productive to their Ajah.

Yellow Ajah: Same deal as the Greens. We don't see them doing anything, but maybe they at least make sure that there isn't a serious out break of plague in Randland. Its possible that they travel around healing people, but then again maybe not.

If they learn the new healing and actually get off their asses instead of drinking tea, the would do some major good.

Blue Ajah: There will be peace, but that doesn't mean it will be utopia. There will still be causes to fight for.

As generic as ever.The blue is a hobby turned into a profession.Who doesn't fight for causes ? How can one tell what causes are for the betterment of the world ? The whole generic description could be applied to everything.

Brown Ajah: They make sure that ancient history is not forgotten. Still useful.

It says a lot when an organization's librarians are one of the most effective branches, out of battle/advisor ajahs and everything .

If I'm not much mistaken, about 40% of the Red were really Black, so I'm not positive it's even still the largest Ajah. Still, they are uniquely suited to handling men who can channel - they don't fear them as much. Or are better practiced at ignoring that fear. Of course, they would have to get past their own prejudices first, but several of them seem capable. Those who only joined the Red because their hatred of men was the most important thing for them, I think they tend to be the same that would be drawn to the Black, so hopefully there are not many of those left.

Yes, I agree that the organization into Ajahs might not be optimal post TG. AS existed before without them, so they might again. Still, I think politics and statesmanship are crucial to any society, wars or no wars. Not to mention the wonders the Yellows could do with the men, if they were willing.

White: They really have no reason to exist.

That was truly hilarious.

If I'm not much mistaken, about 40% of the Red were really Black, so I'm not positive it's even still the largest Ajah. Still, they are uniquely suited to handling men who can channel - they don't fear them as much. Or are better practiced at ignoring that fear. Of course, they would have to get past their own prejudices first, but several of them seem capable. Those who only joined the Red because their hatred of men was the most important thing for them, I think they tend to be the same that would be drawn to the Black, so hopefully there are not many of those left.

Yes, I agree that the organization into Ajahs might not be optimal post TG. AS existed before without them, so they might again. Still, I think politics and statesmanship are crucial to any society, wars or no wars. Not to mention the wonders the Yellows could do with the men, if they were willing.

White: They really have no reason to exist.

That was truly hilarious.

Only 24% according to The Thirteenth Depository. Which is still 25% higher than should be expected.

Only 24% according to The Thirteenth Depository.

I stand corrected. Thanks. That does mean that they are still the largest.

Which is still 25% higher than should be expected.

Yeah, I have no earthly idea how they came up with that number. They say ~22% of AS were Black. 3 is hardly a quarter of 22.

Only 24% according to The Thirteenth Depository.

I stand corrected. Thanks. That does mean that they are still the largest.

Which is still 25% higher than should be expected.

Yeah, I have no earthly idea how they came up with that number. They say ~22% of AS were Black. 3 is hardly a quarter of 22.

25% higher than should be expected because the red ajah made up only 19% of total aes sedai. 25% of 19 is 4.75. 19 plus 4.75 makes 23.75 so nearly 24%.

Basically the red ajah make up a greater proportion of the black ajah than they should considering the proportion of total aes sedai that they make up.

25% higher than should be expected because the red ajah made up only 19% of total aes sedai. 25% of 19 is 4.75. 19 plus 4.75 makes 23.75 so nearly 24%.

Basically the red ajah make up a greater proportion of the black ajah than they should considering the proportion of total aes sedai that they make up.

Ah, yes, I was confusing the sample group.

That said, I think it was your quoting the 13th depository that set me on that road - they said the Reds represent 24% of the Blacks, but not vice versa. However, by coincidence or not, the 48 Red-Blacks represent about 26% out of less than 190 Reds (which is still less than would have them deposed from their role as the largest Ajah).

Ah, yes, I was confusing the sample group.

That said, I think it was your quoting the 13th depository that set me on that road - they said the Reds represent 24% of the Blacks, but not vice versa. However, by coincidence or not, the 48 Red-Blacks represent about 26% out of less than 190 Reds (which is still less than would have them deposed from their role as the largest Ajah).

Oh yeah you're right, sorry, I read your post to quickly. Still the numbers are fairly similar so no harm done I guess.

See I'm kind of the mindset that the ajah system as a whole should be done away with.

The way I see it, all the ajah's have really done is serve as a vehicle for internal division. Each one apparently has their own secret weaves that they don't share with the others, their leaders are kept secret, new initiates are tagged by the ajah that finds them, and are sort of funneled along a social path before they even really get started.

Bleh, it's like a dopey segregated rationale for one aes sedai to not even talk to another - And one of the themes, as I've taken it, of the series is how much better off everyone can be if we've open minds & talk to each other & share information.

Seems to be if the ajah's were dissolved than it'd make for more well rounded Aes Sedai as a whole. I do get that the original point was probably to create internal units of specialty, but for whatever reason, black ajah influence, girls being girls, what have you, it kinda turned into a shitshow...

This is more or less my reaction to some of those opinions out there that the oaths are a big problem with the AS...Every Aes Sedai swears those oaths though, so to me it's the wizard(aes sedai), not the wand(oaths), wherein the problems lay.

Anyway, to me it's way more probable that all ajah's would be dissolved to further unite the Aes Sedai. I couldn't see just the Red, or any other unit for that matter, being done away with - That's what Elaida tried to do with the Blue, and granted it was Elaida but you see what road that takes you down.

Archived