DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Living Heroes of the Horn

So we met one of the legendary heroes, Noal the man with Mat who went to rescue Moraine was actually Jaine Farstrider. Elayne's warder is also a hero. Rand Al'thor is Lewis Therin reborn. These three (im assuming Jaine was one of the legendary heroes) are all heroes of the Horn, would this imply other heroes were reborn into the pattern to face the last battle.

Egwene has become a very strong character, perhaps over powered in her progression. Could it be she is one of the Legendary Heroins spun back into the pattern to face the last battle? She was intended to marry Rand in the beginning of the books, and her strength in the power of reminds me of Ilyana(spell check on the name) Lewis Therin's wife. What are peoples opinions on heroes that are living, and if Egwene could be one?

So we met one of the legendary heroes, Noal the man with Mat who went to rescue Moraine was actually Jaine Farstrider. Elayne's warder is also a hero. Rand Al'thor is Lewis Therin reborn. These three (im assuming Jaine was one of the legendary heroes) are all heroes of the Horn, would this imply other heroes were reborn into the pattern to face the last battle.

Egwene has become a very strong character, perhaps over powered in her progression. Could it be she is one of the Legendary Heroins spun back into the pattern to face the last battle? She was intended to marry Rand in the beginning of the books, and her strength in the power of reminds me of Ilyana(spell check on the name) Lewis Therin's wife. What are peoples opinions on heroes that are living, and if Egwene could be one?

The heroes get re-spun into the pattern all the time. Heroes are also added to the horn when their deeds are enough to "add to their numbers". I think it's fairly obvious what heroes are currently living if you read the books. Egwene is not one of those heroes though because none of the heroes ever recognized her when they were called to Falme.

As mentioned, we have Birgitte and Rand living. Also, Gaidal has been reborn, Brandon has said he knows who this is, but its anyones guess. Speculated that he is Grady's son although I think that may have been disproven, there is some confusion as to how old the kid is. (he looks older than he is)

Also, theres speculation that Elyane and Rand's children are Calian and Shiva, who are the heralds of a new age.

I would say Mat and Perrin are not either, but will be after they die.

Egwene, if she does something actually helpful in AMOL, like not go up against Rand, Id say she would be another candidate for a Hero.

Moiraine I like to think could become a hero, same as Jain, Hurin and possibly Lan.

Guest PiotrekS

If somebody deserves to be added to the ranks of the Heroes, then it's Verin.

I would also add Mat, Perrin, Nynaeve, Moiraine and, maybe because of my personal liking for her :smile:, Siuan.

If somebody deserves to be added to the ranks of the Heroes, then it's Verin.

I would also add Mat, Perrin, Nynaeve, Moiraine and, maybe because of my personal liking for her :smile:, Siuan.

Gah, I almost forgot Nynaeve! She deserves it, simply for healing stilling and taint maddness. (nothing to do with the fact she is my favorite :) )

I am not sure about Verin though, once the DO has its claws in you, you cant escape. He is the Lord of the Grave.

There are only like 100 or so heroes of Horn. I am guessing every 15-20 thousand year they accept a new member. In our story, every hero of Horn is older than even AoL (much much older actually). I think you will have to be a hero multiple times (in multiple lifes) to even get a consideration. I wonder who was the first hero of horn? If it was Dragon, I wonder if he always was the hero of horn (the reason why DO can never have his soul without Dragon's permission or why even balefire cannot destroy Dragon)?

I wonder who was the first hero of horn?

If I was creating a horn that called up heroes to fight for me, I'd probably want to have a list of heroes that existed pre-horn, ready to go for the first time I blew on it. It'd be rather embarrassing for the first time to have noone respond.

I dont think the heroes get to choose. Gadial indicates only that some are added with each turning of the wheel. Rand is not bound to the horn.

From The Great Hunt, chapter 47 "The Grave is No Bar to My Call"

Hawking [said] "Only a few are bound to the Wheel, spun out again and again to work the will of the Wheel in the Pattern of the Ages. You could tell him, Lews Therin, could you but remember when you wore flesh." He was looking at Rand.

This seems to indicate that Rand is a Hero of the Horn; how else would Hawking expect Rand to have anything to remember.

As for new heros; I doubt that we will see more than one if any as less than 200 have been accumulated sence the beginning of the Wheel.

most of these back and forths sound snippy. I don't intend this response to be that way but it will be short for my poor fat fingers on this tiny phone pad.

As algspkr "" hawkwing... Rand is bound to the wheel. He no say horn. Would think he would know the difference especially since he speaks differently about it to hurrin.

The thing about Egwene and Elayne, is, well, they may be more than average, but Egwene's just another Amyrlin, albiet a young one and potentially great one. Elayne's the same as a queen. Odds of them being deemed righteous enough to be bound are very low. Same with Gawyn and Galad. Then we come to Lan and Nyneave. Both have done some very impressive things. Lan, being a nation in himself, leading a mission to Tarwin's Gap to fight for his kingdom. Impressive, to say the least, but I'm not sure if that's quite "Horn worthy". Nyneave, however, cleansed the taint, cured madness, healed severing, and invented a new way to heal all together. These advances in healing could certainly get her bound, however, I'm not sure how many channelers are bound to the horn, besides the Dragon. The remaining Ta'veren are also likely to be bound to the wheel, if only for their attachment to Rand. Let's see... did I forget anyone?

Oh, yeah. Thom's gonna get bound to the Horn for being able to juggle so many damn balls.

The thing about Egwene and Elayne, is, well, they may be more than average, but Egwene's just another Amyrlin, albiet a young one and potentially great one. Elayne's the same as a queen. Odds of them being deemed righteous enough to be bound are very low. Same with Gawyn and Galad. Then we come to Lan and Nyneave. Both have done some very impressive things. Lan, being a nation in himself, leading a mission to Tarwin's Gap to fight for his kingdom. Impressive, to say the least, but I'm not sure if that's quite "Horn worthy". Nyneave, however, cleansed the taint, cured madness, healed severing, and invented a new way to heal all together. These advances in healing could certainly get her bound, however, I'm not sure how many channelers are bound to the horn, besides the Dragon. The remaining Ta'veren are also likely to be bound to the wheel, if only for their attachment to Rand. Let's see... did I forget anyone?

Oh, yeah. Thom's gonna get bound to the Horn for being able to juggle so many damn balls.

Just saying, Nynaeve didn't 'invent' a new type of healing, rather she rediscovered it.

That is all.

most of these back and forths sound snippy. I don't intend this response to be that way but it will be short for my poor fat fingers on this tiny phone pad.

As algspkr "" hawkwing... Rand is bound to the wheel. He no say horn. Would think he would know the difference especially since he speaks differently about it to hurrin.

No one is bound to horn. Horn only has power to summon those who are bound to wheel for specific purpose, unlike rest of the humanity.

Was that helpful?

Just saying, Nynaeve didn't 'invent' a new type of healing, rather she rediscovered it.

That is all.

Well if she rediscovered it, it must have been a popular in a age not mentioned in the book. In greatest channeling age, it surely didn't exist.

That is all.

Well if she rediscovered it, it must have been a popular in a age not mentioned in the book. In greatest channeling age, it surely didn't exist.

I'm pretty definite that her healing is that used in AoL.

She just figured out new uses, such as healing stilling.

So yeah, rediscovery.

That is all.

So yeah, rediscovery.

Oh so it's like Penicillin, you use it everywhere? Let me ask Semirhage, one of the greatest healers of her age. Cool story, regardless.

That is all.

So yeah, rediscovery.

Oh so it's like Penicillin, you use it everywhere? Let me ask Semirhage, one of the greatest healers of her age. Cool story, regardless.

I'm in the middle of reading the books right now, and I just passed a part in which Moghedian explains exactly what healing was like in AoL, and it is an exact description of what Nynaeve does.

That is all.

So yeah, rediscovery.

I'm in the middle of reading the books right now, and I just passed a part in which Moghedian explains exactly what healing was like in AoL, and it is an exact description of what Nynaeve does.

Can you write that quote here? I will really appreciate it. I have never heard this before.

Page 8 - LoC.

'...anything else except death could be Healed in the Age of Legends, that what the Yellow Ajah called healing now was only the crudest battlework.'

This gives me the impression that Nynaeve's healing was the sort used in AoL.

Also, I think it was Asmodean, but one of the Forsaken is explaining that Healing in AoL was dependant on the Healer, with no strength taken from the Healed. This is a distinct characteristic of Nynaeve's Healing.

Archived