DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

nine moons theory

spoke

Agree wholeheartedly about why Rand failed with Tuon, it was too early for her. Though I do think his failing to try again as Buddha Rand (along with not doing anything about the BT, Lan, the Borderlands, or the Sea Folk) was one of the more puzzling, disappointing, and frustrating parts of ToM.

Regarding aMoL, I fear it will be rushed, as there is much to do, some of it imminent.

In terms of battles:

1) We have the battle of Caemlyn. Obviously, Mat (and Mo/Thom) must get there in a hurry. And I'd imagine someone in Caemlyn would be able to make a gateway to the Fields of Merrilor to tell Elayne the capital is under attack pretty quickly, so reinforcements should be coming. Plus there a some AS right outside the BT who should be able to either help Caemlyn or break the sisters inside out.

2) The Battle at the BT must be sorted out, I'd assume at the same time the whole battle of Caemlyn goes. I'd assume Rand (or at least Logain) would be present. Anyway, it need to be "rent in blood and fire" or whatever Elaida's prophecy said.

3) We have an imminent conflict happening with Lan at Tarwin's Gap, and the Dragon's promised aid is still not there. Nor any word on any AS help either (boy, did Nynaeve's friends screw her over here!).

4) Not to mention the battles raging in the Borderlands, with no AS or Dragon aid either.

5) Plus, we have an imminent attack on the White Tower by the Seanchan.

6) Oh, and the whole "his blood on the rocks" confrontation.

Sometime, we have to get Aviendha back and the future of the Aiel sorted. Moiraine has to reintegrate into the story and we have to find out how she will help Rand where he would have failed w/out her (and hopefully what here questions/boons were in Finnland). I'm assuming we'll see Loial and the Ogier again. Rand must kneel to, and bind the Nine Moons. Mat and Tuon have to get things straight. Someone has to straighten Tuon and the Seanchan out. Perrin has to save Rand's bacon one more time (at least according to Min). And, after taking almost a whole book off, I hope Egwene will do something useful. We have to figure out what the heck is going on with Rand/Mierin-Lanfear. The end for Fain. Who is Demandred? A final confrontatin between Moridin/Rand? The strange Aiel? Some Sea Folk resolution? Can 13x13 victims be undone (hope so)?

An oddity, that Nynaeve didn't advocate a redeeming act by the Tower for the Malkieries' sakes. Why approach Dark Rand on the matter if you don't Egwene? Could it be that Egwene's the only person in Randland who thinks the Tower would have anything to do with the Last Battle?

Oh, yeah, I like it! But wouldn't it be better to have 13 Greens channel at her through 13 Maidens, so she could be turned?

Into what? A Green? A virgin?

I don't know, but 13 Yellows channeling through 13 Green Men would turn him into a bong smoking hippie.

Archived